2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Not as good as it looks
By Bad oil leak on 10/02/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

After owning the car for almost 3 years, it is fun to drive for sure, a head turner, but it has it's hand in my back pocket constantly. In the shop almost every 3 k miles for something or other. Electrical problems, look at replacing the battery every year. And now, for a car that's never been raced, Adult owned, a major oil leak at the main seal that would require an engine pull out. This car has 11,000 miles on it. I will live with the leak I guess and just drive the car into the ground. Ultimately disappointed.

Two birds in hand
By Barbie on 08/17/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My wife came from a poor family and her dream has always been to own a Tbird. She purchased at long last and after many years of working and saving a 1955 which she drove often but mostly in the Summer and of course being an old car. I mean Old "6 Volt Generator" She decided it was time to buy a car that was more modern. She purchased the 2002 and never looked back. Although the cars are completely different, they are both icons in her life representing old values and new ideas as she likes to say. Of course the new Tbird is wonderful, just check any of the ratings on here!

Love it, love it, love it.
By derby on 07/03/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A real looker. Haved owned for almost 4 years now and it still turns heads. Not one day's problems with it. Love the matching red leather. Kicks it by just tapping on the gas. Miles so low because I do not drive in snow or rain.

You gotta love it!
By TBird Lover on 06/13/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is wonderful. Lots of power, great road feel, comfortable on a trip and a great roadster feel. The only problem I've had is the multi-disc changer and I'm sure that'll be fixed shortly. Ford put a lot of thought in this retro. I think they could have done a little better on the front end design, but it is still a beautiful car and I love to drive it. and even just look at in the garage. It is a member of the family!

I waited for this
By C. Evans on 06/09/07 05:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I actually waited for a two seat sports type car that had room in the front seat. The bird has as much room as I need. Also it is a head turner. Everwhere I go someone says something or points to it.

Nostalgia plus fun
By bud on 03/29/07 06:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A lot of people complain about the price being too high and cite the car as costing $50K. I say to those people that I've got some swamp land for them to buy. I purchased this car for around $20K and the original sticker was $27K. For $25 K the car is an excellent sports car. It's not a Porsche but is quite nimble and has ample power with the small v8 equipped. For the money, it's a bargain. The fit and finish are quite excellent for a Ford. The reliability is not bad for a sports car of which cars in that category usually require a bit more than just changing the oil and filling it up.

Great car for fun driver
By George Schwab on 02/01/07 06:25 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife and we both enjoy driving it, and owning it. It's not a hot rod, but has plenty of power. Smooth ride and very fun to drop the top and cruise. If you want a Corvette, buy one (I probably will) but don't sell the Thunderbird short. It's a keeper, in my opinion.

A Classic
By off n gone on 07/15/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having driven this car over 50,000 miles, I still smile. Car still gets looks and comments every place I go. And I live in SoCal. Could use a little more power, but it more than keeps ahead of traffic.

My Third Bird/More Fun Than The Rest
By Lars on 03/14/06 23:01 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great Road Car and fun to drive. Don't see yourself coming and going either. Been totally trouble free. It's a people magnet, too!

My Childhood Dream Car Come True
By BryanJMcLaughlin on 08/10/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Since I was a child, I wanted a 50's T- Bird, and now that I have my black on black 2002, all of my dreams have been realized. She turns heads wherever I take her. The chrome wheels together with the chrome trim around the windshield really set the car off. It is more responsive than my Mustang GT. Honestly my most favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned.