Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Neiman Marcus Edition Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

I must have the lemon
By T-Bird RN

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my T-bird. Felt like the queen of the road. But recently have been having problems one day out of no where it overheated, 3 engine fans gone bad, then transmission leaking it was rebuilt. just the other day driving down the road felt like I was going over rumble strips car bucking took it back for check up, seems when they had it on the road test could find anything. I guess it did not act up for them. Suggested could be torque converter and to bring it back when it happens all the time. I thought ford was built tough. I have 6 other Ford vehicles with over 200 thousand miles and no transmission or engine problems. What happened to the T-Bird?

I love everything about the T-Bird it is fast, smooth on the road, love having 2 cars in one. Just when you get tired of the convertible and the weather is getting cold you pop on the hard shell top and you have quiet and protection from the winter and a new look. It is a fun car and my love.

I know they are not making them any more, I thought if I bought the concept car of 2002 it might be a collectors item, not sure if that was so good. I guess I should have waited until profection was made. May not have had as many problems with the engine or transmission

My Third Bird/More Fun Than The Rest
By Lars

Great Road Car and fun to drive. Don't see yourself coming and going either. Been totally trouble free. It's a people magnet, too!

Its looks, pleasure to drive and the good comfort level for a two seater.

Regular gas rather than premium.

I Love My T-Bird
By szwickel

My 2002 Red Ford T-Bird (hard top and convertible) is the most wonderful car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and I just love the fact that after 2 and1/2 years, people still stop and comment on what a gorgeous car it is and how wonderful it is that Ford brought the car back. I always wanted the 1955 T-bird, but could not afford it, and when I finally could, my husband objected to buying such an old car. As soon as he saw the 2002 T-Bird he bought it for me and gave it to me as a surprise. The car looks good, drives like a dream and is fun to be in and be seen in.Thank you for bringing it back.

The style, the color, the fact that it is a hard top and convertible, the overall look of the car. It is just a great car to drive and to be in.

Since Ford has discontinued it, there are can be no improvements.

Hanzies T-Bird
By Hanzie

We purchased this car on E Bay...it had 1401 miles on it..we flew to NY, saw the car, took it around the block and purchased it. I'm 5'8'' and my wife is 5'4''...we are about as tall as a new T-bird owner should be. We love the T-Bird, however, it has limited trunk space. We drove the car back to Panama City Beach Florida and had a great trip.

Very easy to put top up and down, hardtop stores easy enough too. There is not a day goes by that someone doesn't come up and compliment us on this car.

could use auto lights w/wipers, and a pause button on the CD..if this is all I can come up with, it can't be that bad.

Only the BEST !
By Jack Brannon

Never a problem. Solidly built. Nothing done to car except changing oil for 12,000 miles.

Color Combination. Speed of top up/down. DESIGN.

Cup holder size. Use regular gas like other V8 engines in other cars.