Used 1997 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (50 reviews )

I Love My Thunderbird
By Thundergirl

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love my 1997 Thunderbird. Since I've brought my baby, I've had many offers from people wanting to buy it from me. My car and I have been through a divorce, a move to a different city and my baby have not stop for one moment. I love my car!!!

My favorite features: The style...I love the body...It truly is has all the luxury a woman represents...

I love everything about my (baby)car

97 T-bird is a Great Choice
By 97TBIRD

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

The 97 Thunderbird is one of the greatest cars ever to hit the streets. I bought mine at a nearby dealership just last week at 154,000 miles. There was absoulutly nothing wrong with it. It is still strong and the V8 gives lots of power and even better performance. I wish that Ford would continue to make them. Retro can stay in the past!! I highly reccomend the Ford Thunderbird to anyone who wants a decent, reliable, and fun-to-drive car.

V8 Power, Comfortable Bucket Seats, The look and feel. and of course the affordability

Its kind of pointless now, but too bad they werent lighter

t-bird
By jerry blake

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

this is one , that is a sleeper. it has the comford and power of a more powerful car. the mustang would it's only equal in the 4.6 power plant.

rape around leather , with power in a mid size that will fool you with it's performance.

i would like to see a turbo or supercharger on this car.

Surprisingly great
By Jazzino

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car impulsively in 1997, but it turned out to be the best car I've ever had. This has been a pleasant surprise, given the problems some Fords have had. The only problem in seven years has been the need to replace a radiator hose twice. Otherwise, the only expense consists of my usual trips to SuperLube. I get good gas mileage and performance from the V6.. Everytime I get the urge to consider getting a new car, I just go for a ride in the TBird, and realize that I already have what I want.

The Reliability and the look.

They should never have converted it to an upscale niche model.

Love it!
By Rob Taran

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Nice looking car that is reliable, sporty and affordable. I would highly reccomend this car to others. Has alot of features for the money, and considering it's age has alot of modern virtues (except the underpowerd and un- reliable 3.8 V6)

Handles like a mustang GT (with the sport package)4.6 SOHC V8. A "mature" version of a mustang. Has good looks, car is very aerodynamic,low insurance rates,great interior styling,rear wheel drive,4 wheel ind.susp.,4 wheel disc brakes, Good exhaust rumble with V8.

Car is too heavy,poor MPG,front bucket seats are too small,the 1997 version has a plain jane "taurus" instrument cluster,plastic intake manifold on V8 is very prone to cracking. V6 3.8 versions are way under powered for such a heavy car and all 3.8 V6 head gaskets will fail.