1997 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (50 reviews )
My 97 T-Bird
By Jeremy Summers on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love my T-bird!! It's the car that i always wanted(2dr, V8, RWD, Sound System).Its fun to drive. Very sporty in looks and in power. Great gas milage for a V8.It a lot cheaper in insurance than a mustang.

THE BLACK BIRD
By JOHN D. on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I BOUGHT THE CAR NEW AT THE END OF THE YEAR AFTER SELLING A TROUBLESOME 96 PONTIAC.I HAD TO REPLACE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AT ABOUT 75K MILES, AND THE FRONT BRAKE ROTORS ARE TOO SMALL AND WARP EASILY.OTHER THAN THAT THE CAR HAS NOT NEEDED ANY MAJOR REPAIRS AFTER 148000 MILES.

T-Bird
By 64c10pu on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Had early transmission problems and cracked intake manifold - both fixed on waranty.

Bird of Prey
By Tom- NJ on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Overall, this car has been extremely reliable. With a 4.6L and the Sport package, it is perfect blend of performance and luxury. Only two problems have occurred- cracked intake manifold (replaced free by the dealer) and warped brake rotors.

great car
By Billdo on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

i love the car. it is fun to drive.

1997 Ford T-Bird LX
By tomfal on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This Automobile is in near perfect condition. It runs quietly and responds like it did when new. The exterior is bright red, and is sporty in design. A photo is available. It has power locks, driver seat and windows. It has automatic drive, air conditioner, tilt wheel, and radio with cassette player. Snow tires are included. The interior is clean and the rear seat has almost never been used. A really nice used car!

BlackBird
By Mark Vine on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This is one great car. I have the full ground effects package and it still gets looks as I cruise the streets. This car was purchased new and I have not had any major work done on it. I put a super chip in this V8 beauty and she really screams now. I think I'll keep her for at least 3 more years and evaluate what to purchase next. I hope the cars of 2006 will be as well built as my BlackBird.

Reliable T-Bird
By JoePa#1 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I had the ignition module go out, $300 dollars-dealer, and the Mass air flow sensor go out, $110-I changed myself. The car hasn't had an alignment in 4 years, and it is still true, and I beet the crap out of the car. Extremely comfortable ride. Traction control doesn't seem too effective. Great head and leg room for us tall people. Over 75,000 and still strong!

All the Bird I expected
By Seth Forness on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I've always wanted a Thunderbird ever since I first started liking cars. I finally got myself one last August. I've only had it for five months now, but I have loved every minute of owning it. It hasn't given me any mecahnical problems yet. It still has a lot of zip left in it. Merging into traffic is no problem at all. The accelleration is very smooth and predictable.

good car
By man1 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

good car for the money. great reliability, and good gas milage. No problems so far.