Used 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1997 Ford Thunderbird

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (52 reviews )

1997 Thunderbird LX V8
By Mark

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Best car I have ever owned. Ford has shown reliability with this car. No problems with almost 79,000 miles. 4.6 Liter V8 is peppy when you need it, but the gas mileage is only OK (I average about 15-18 mpg in the city). Two of the most favorite things about this car is the auto headlamps (never have to touch) and the moonroof. This car will outlast any Toyota or Honda on the road today!

V8 engine, comfortable interior, automatic headlamps, moonroof, 4-wheel disc brakes.

If it was still made, I would suggest standard ABS brakes, optional chrome wheels on the LX, and multi disc CD player.

Fords best car ever made
By Hector Delgado

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This is car is the best, I have owned 7 dated since the 89 Sc to the most recent 97 LX. I use my car for work, I am a P.I. and have used this type of vehicle for my job. The car is dependable and fast, neither one of the cars I have had have given me problems, do the maintanence as required and the car will last forever. The car has made me money as well, each car I have sold has made me a profit to purchase another like it. This one I have now has all the features, traction control, sunroof and the 17 inch chrome blade stock wheels from the factory. Simply I won't change the car for another unless it is a another T-bird. Thanks Ford for a great car!

Sunroof, 17 inch wheels and traction control.

Please Ford Bring back the Awesome Bird.

They need to build it again
By oscar arechiga

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Great design in and out, V8 makes good power even at todays standards, there are very few cars that have the personality of this vehicle, have had mine for 10 years 61000 miles and not thinking of getting rid of it, car has been very reliable,only complaint is a rattling noise coming from undrneat , (dealer says there is nothing wrong with the suspension, other than that this car makes heads turn, even 10 years after last year of production, ford needs to build a modern vertion,with a similar body style, but modern suspension an a 5 speed auto.

Best Investment I Made
By S. Funk

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner and have had no major problems, just normal wear and tear. I love the way my T-Bird downshifts automatically...great in traffic! The dealership offered a rebate which I invested in the dash...woodgrain...really enhanced the look. Also added a dash cover. A very dependable car that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

Great acceleration, comfort and body style. Very reliable car.

Replace plastic parts with a more durable product.

Crazy About Mine!
By Crazy About Mine!

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This car is great! Handles perfectly around curves at 60mph. It has a less than sporty feel, but you don't lose a lot.

The style, the drive, the gas mileage and the overall character of the vehicle.

I would improve the side mirrors they are a little small.