1996 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )
dependable
By tlpru on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

i have had the car since it was new.....regular oil changes....NEVER A PROBLEM...SUPER CAR......i guess ford got this one right......

My 96 T-Bird
By petjaz on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

A very dependable auto. Runs like a Swiss wristwatch. Oil was changed every 3000 miles, and engine wasn't looked at until 100,000 miles when I insisted on changing the platinum plugs. Now has 128,000 miles and is driven daily, as it is my only car. Have been thinking about buying something else, but why? My T Bird runs so well, why replace it!!!

Lovin' my 'Bird
By T'Bird Lover on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love my Thunderbird. In fact, hubby and I love them so much we have two! We've had 4 Thunderbirds since 1995 and they've all been red. I love the snappy performance of the V-8. The gas mileage in town isn't great but on the highway, we consistently get 25-28 mpg (drove a Focus rental car on vacation and only got 29-30 mpg). The one bad thing about my T'Bird is that it's not a "winter" car. Rear-wheel-drive, coupled with the powerful V-8 engine, makes for a disasterous combination in Iowa.

great car
By bag-o-donuts on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I have had the car for a couple years now and I really like it alot.It has very good pick up w/v8,and very good handling for a car its size.I have not had any major problems.

T-bird's Rock!!!
By Opt|c on 03/14/02 20:13 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love this car. As long as it has the 4.6 V8, these cars are great fun. The power is incredible. I can beat quite a few vehicles out there with ease.