1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )
We Love This Car
By RoyBoy on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in 1996 and have had it since. It has caused us no real trouble other than a couple warrantee visits to reprogram the computer. It handles great, always has but is even better now that I put Michelin's on it. The MPG is unbelievable for a V8 and it has plenty of pep. The car still rides like the day we took it home. If you are looking for a sporty car with style and class that will prove to be reliable, then this car should be something to consider.

T-Bird Sport LX
By jrc346 on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for a year now. Bought it with 89,000K on it and still love driving it at 110,000K. AWSOME car! Has been very reliable and so far have had two problems with it. One a sticky fuel injector and two my intake manifold blew up on the expressway spraying coolant everywhere, (the latter being a very interesting event...) However I did notice that the new intake manifold came with an aluminum part to replace the plastic one that ruptured to keep the problem for re-occuring. I love the 24 MPG I get with the V8 without even trying.

great thunderbird
By chris dugan on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

this is a grat reliable car to have

Tremendous Value and Comfort
By rpb on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought the car brand new w/VB. Currently it has 115,000 miles and averages 22-23 mpg. It runs like a champ. Unfortunately, forced to sell because of growing family, but because of the success we enjoyed - we will purchase another FORD make. Low mait. costs. Extremely reliable.

Love ('d) my bird
By Loved my bird on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just sold my bird after three years of driving fun. The V8 is smooth, but I think that Ford could have done a little more to peak the performance. The car rode very well, and is a nice alternative to a mustang or the camaro, other V8 2-door cars. It will save you a pile on insurance over those two as well. Hated to sell it, but family commitments ruled.

Our T_Bird
By H.W.Spencer on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Our auto is responsive and dependable. The only thing inside is the location of the cup holders that bothers us. We replaced the spark plugs and wires at 97000 miles.

Love It.
By Wild Willy on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just a great car. Regular 3000 mile oil change and other. Wax at least once a month. It looks and drives like brand new with 120000 miles. Proud to be seen in it!!!

Barb's T-Bird
By barbara broglan on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I began .ooking for a used car in January of 2002. In March I saw the T- Bird and immediatly knew it was the car I had been looking for. It had been painted "Petty Blue" even though the title still said "black." I tried to talk myself out of it and look around but every road led back to that car. Finally without even a test drive, I went to the bank and got the money from my savings account to buy it. The first time I drove it was when I drove it off the lot as my very own. I was satisfied immensely then and now.

NICE 'Bird!!
By kpc96 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

i bought this 'bird new with the sport package ( v8, spoiler, wheels, etc.) never had any problems, would never trade it in!..excellent styling, good power, very reliable!..all i added was my own stereo and speakers, k&n intake kit, and just recnetly put a new set of pirelli's on!!..super car, couldn't ask for more for the 20K i paid when new!

Lemon Buy Back
By Marquesa on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

the above refers to "automatic thermostat control" which I don't find to be a problem. Mechanically, never had any repairs. thermostat does give heat and a/c works most efficiently