1995 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: We've had our problems, but I

1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

We've had our problems, but I can't let her go.
By kevohyuh on

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I am the proud owner of a 1995 Ford Thunderbird Lx with the 4.6L V8 engine. I love this car. Its big, comfortable, and has alot of power. It hasn't exactly been the most reliable car for me though. I bought it a year ago, and its been out of order for about 6 months now. Right off the bat, it started burning oil. I later found out that this is a common problem in the 94-95 model. The suspension is what caused me to park it. It shakes so bad, that I was afraid for my life, and so was my mechanic. However, I am about to drop a new engine into it and put in all new suspension because this car is worth it. I love the looks, and the power. The 96-97 model is better though, they don't burn oil.

V8 engine, Power Sunroof, I love the birds on the tail lights, the dark stock tent, the room in the front seats, the fold down arm rest in the back, and the key less entree pad on the door.Oh, and I love that the key holes lights up when you unlock the door with the key less fob. I have added a few favorites on my own as well. I love my 17x9 5 spoke rims, touch screen dvd player and sc body kit.

Its a very reliable car, even with the oil burning problem. The suspension could have been designed better. The engines oil burning problem was fixed in the 96-97 model and so was the cup holder placement. Over all a great car though, especially if your looking for a cool project. I originally bought it as a daily driver, and it just turned into a project car. However, I can't wait to get her back on the road! Such a great car.