Used 1995 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

I love this car!
By Wesmet

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

If you are thinking about buying a Thunderbird and the tranny doesn't slip I would buy it! I have owned this car for over a year and only had to replace the ball joints. Plenty of power and ok gas mileage. Everyone that rides in my car tells me how much they like it.

Comfortable seats and the styling inside and out.

Cupholders, make it easier to adjust headlights or brighter ones.

Twas a great car
By Dennis

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I had bought it after a 30,000 mile lease expired, and it was in like new condition. For 100,000 miles of driving, I only had about $500 of repair, a blown fan motor and a small part that I don't remember The V8 engine performance was superior, the handling was very good but not exceptional. I'm selling it to a colleague today for $1, but he's getting much, much more than the asking price.

Console, engine, look, leather seats.

Seat belts too far behind, long doors.

90's Hot Rod
By aaronhall1980

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $3,000 and It was worth every penny! The car was in perfect working order and the leather interior was very comfortable but sporty looking at the same time. The interior set-up was very easy to get used to and the gauges were easy to read and well illuminated. The big surprize comes when you put the petal to the floor! The powerful V-8 leaves nothing more to want for the money and provides easy cruising or powerful takeoffs. An all-around sporty but comfy car.

Acceleration and handling, good looking outside and in.

Easier to access cup holders (which are located inside the left drivers side arm rest) and a softer gas pedal.

Solid '95 T-Bird V8
By sfreid

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Bought off the dealer lot in Nov '94. Very solid. Great touring car. V8 has good power and good highway MPG. Most expensive repairs were made under warranty. No major repairs, but starting to have a few minor problems at 122K. Always buy T or better speed rated tires for better handling. Car is pretty easy to work on.

Comfortable, smooth ride, great for road trips. Love the interior design. OE battery lasted 9+ years, rarely change bulbs. Very few squeaks and rattle even after 11 years.

OE brakes were terrible, but now no problems. Transmission shift points could be better. Oil filter a pain to get out, no way to not spill.

First Car
By John

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

Man, when my grandfather bought me this car I really didn't like Thunderbirds, but when I got behind the wheel and saw all the stuff it had on it, I thought it was great. The combination of luxury and performance is great. It's so smooth i almost fall asleep when I drive it, but it could haul the mail if it needs to. Pretty great for a first car!

I like how the dash and console just wrap around you.

Cupholders.