1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Thunderous Torque
By SkidMark on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

My Super Coupe cruises at speeds well over the dollar mark silently and with seemingly no effort. It feels like it's concealing a huge V8 under the hood when the clutch engages; but then that's the beauty of its supercharged and intercooled 3.8L V6. Handling is remarkably neutral and predictable but the ride is a little stiff and bumpy over rough roads. The power-lumber and power-side-bolster seats and are very comfortable, even on long drives. It’s difficult to think of many complaints. There are a few minor squeaks and rattles and the interior materials don't win any raves. But I still look forward to getting behind the wheel every time.

bad paint
By rodimorr on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

4th tbird but not the best. paint is lousy looks terrible.

95 T-Bird Performance
By Enemec on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new with the V8 and all the options. The car has performed well over the last seven (7) years. The 4.6 liter has plenty of power and so far no problems. This is a great American coupe that Ford should be proud of.

My First Ford
By Mom Morton on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I received this car for little money and it needed some preventive maintaince done to it which was long over due and neglected by previous owner. I am still having trouble with the transmission but will fix it once and for all real soon with the help and advice of a good qualified mechanic.

i hate this car so much, NEVER buy
By johnsmith@aol.com on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

o gosh, ford. there ya go, that explains it. Where do i start? i have had SSOO many problems with this car. The TRANNY, electrical problems, lights burn out constantly, stalling of engine, overheating of engine, tranny fell out, trucks space limited, poor sound system, 1 wheel came off driving at 55 mph, not good pick up, is that enough to turn you away from this car? trust me dont buy one. It has spent weeks in the shop. its a peice of crap. dont put your money down the drain!

Used with Best Care Warranty
By Ettu65 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

At just under 79000 miles I lost the head gasket and had scoring on the crank and cam. With the Best Care Warranty, I now have a new engine and should get another 200,000 miles out of this car. This car is an ideal drive for any distance. My monthly trips across the Plains (750miles) is a pleasure except that I have no place for my coffee cup. The 3.8L engine runs solid and steady with a surprising great gas milage of better than 34 mpg.

I love my bird
By jackoftrades on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This is my favorite car of any that I've owned. I bought this bird new in 94 and have been very happy with it. With the exception of a dealer that could not figure out a brake issue when it was new I've had no problems with it at all. This car is a highway cruiser and seems to be happy around 85mph. I can't part with it. I only drive it just to keep it running now, 3000 miles annually.

I love my T-Bird
By Heartbeat flatliner on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I feel the T-Bird is one of the best cars manufactured. I suppose that's why it has been around for nearly half a century. The only real complaint I have, again, is the positioning of the cup holders. Luckily that has been enhanced on the newer models. At 110,000 miles my car has never left me stranded and has only been in the shop for one minor problem (shy of maintanence items). I've driven this car HARD since it was new. As long as you change the oil it will last you. THE BEST NEVER REST.

Big Disappointment
By Zubrovka on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Pretty pearl paint has numerous imperfections, front cap was so shoddily mounted that factory bra wouldn't fit! Next problem was the transmission, it came up for recall. Since that time, it has had 3 complete rebuilds. Ford caught 2 of them under warranty and I paid for the last one. The V8 is a decent motor, too bad it was backed up by such a dog transmission. However, when everything is working right, it is a blast to drive. Still love the styling, almost a direct knockoff of a BMW 6 series coupe! Leather seats are supportive, have held up well, Moonroof has never leaked. The car is a Jeckyl/Hyde. My better idea? NO MORE FORDS!!!

Good Investment
By Bev on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 t-bird used for $3000. It had 113k on it then. I travel 42 miles one way to work, 84 total per day. I have a family of 5. It has been dependable and really has the kick when you need it. It handles like a dream. I have put some hard miles on it, and she still does not hesitate. I have more than got my money's worth out of this car, and will feel like a part of the family is gone when I trade her in. This car was the best investment I had ever made. The only flaw that I found was the seat, if ever moved, was very hard to get back right and would make my back ache a little, but nothing that could not be overlooked by the fun of the drive.