Used 1995 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Twas a great car
By Dennis

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I had bought it after a 30,000 mile lease expired, and it was in like new condition. For 100,000 miles of driving, I only had about $500 of repair, a blown fan motor and a small part that I don't remember The V8 engine performance was superior, the handling was very good but not exceptional. I'm selling it to a colleague today for $1, but he's getting much, much more than the asking price.

Favorite Features

Console, engine, look, leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts too far behind, long doors.

90's Hot Rod
By aaronhall1980

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $3,000 and It was worth every penny! The car was in perfect working order and the leather interior was very comfortable but sporty looking at the same time. The interior set-up was very easy to get used to and the gauges were easy to read and well illuminated. The big surprize comes when you put the petal to the floor! The powerful V-8 leaves nothing more to want for the money and provides easy cruising or powerful takeoffs. An all-around sporty but comfy car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling, good looking outside and in.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to access cup holders (which are located inside the left drivers side arm rest) and a softer gas pedal.

Solid '95 T-Bird V8
By sfreid

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Bought off the dealer lot in Nov '94. Very solid. Great touring car. V8 has good power and good highway MPG. Most expensive repairs were made under warranty. No major repairs, but starting to have a few minor problems at 122K. Always buy T or better speed rated tires for better handling. Car is pretty easy to work on.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, smooth ride, great for road trips. Love the interior design. OE battery lasted 9+ years, rarely change bulbs. Very few squeaks and rattle even after 11 years.

Suggested Improvements

OE brakes were terrible, but now no problems. Transmission shift points could be better. Oil filter a pain to get out, no way to not spill.

First Car
By John

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

Man, when my grandfather bought me this car I really didn't like Thunderbirds, but when I got behind the wheel and saw all the stuff it had on it, I thought it was great. The combination of luxury and performance is great. It's so smooth i almost fall asleep when I drive it, but it could haul the mail if it needs to. Pretty great for a first car!

Favorite Features

I like how the dash and console just wrap around you.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders.

love my bird
By Bob L

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I've owned an '84, '90, and this '95 bird. I liked them all, but I love this one. A wonderful combination of power (4.6 L V8) and luxury combined with reliability and just flat out fun to drive. Have wood trim on dash, nice with tan leather. Have gold trim with chrome wheels, pacific dark green, and it's a beauty even being 10 years old. Still get comments on it.This car drives like it's brand new, and still love to drive it. Have 90,000 miles on it and it has been very reliable. I use Mobile 1 oil, I want to keep this car for a long time. I don't think I could buy a car new today for under $40,000 that would compare.

Favorite Features

V-8, dash, quietness, acceleration, looks. I think it's a work of art and is kind of a luxury muscle car, a neat combination.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, but you can buy a good looking plastic 2 cup holder that tucks in to the passenger seat side next to the console that looks like it came with the car, no longer a problem.Other than that, can't think of another improvement. Love this car!