1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
what a car!
By mortis08 on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

after six years with this car i am still amazed at how fun it is to drive.it has power to spare and my average mpg is around 20 or so.i would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone, especially people who like to drive. i bought a new suv, and was going to use my bird as a trade in but neither my wife or i could stand to part with it. yes, the thunderbird is that good of an automobile.with its combination of power, reliability, standard ammenities, and classy looks, i dont think i'll ever get rid of it!

BEEN A PLEASURE
By S454S on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 1997 with 39000 miles on it. It now has over 140000 and has never failed once. The only parts to ever be repalced were the battery and MAF sensor and Alternator. I drove between Atlanta and Ft. Worth at 28 mpg or better documented.

Smooth sailing
By asimovian on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for three and a half years, and it has earned it's place in my heart. This is the essence of big and powerful for an affordable price. It took me two years to figure out a weird transmission slip-like condition, but I haven't had any major repair issues to deal with at all. Four times a year, we take a road trip to Vegas, and I can't imagine being more comfortable. A true winner with plenty of get-up-and-go.

The King is Dead!
By Cherisaruss on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This has been the most amazing car we have ever owned! Sad to say, the head just blew and we decided to replace it.....at 316,000+ miles. Six months ago, we had to replace the tranny...*sigh*. Aside from that, the only other problem was that the evil yellow light of death came on at about 150,000 miles, and never went off. We just bought a '97 Cougar with 47,000 miles, and the inside is similar but I doubt it will replace the T-bird in our hearts *sniffle.* WHY did Ford discontinue this car???

95 t-Bird LX 4.6
By Recon Ric on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Rare chameleon blue. Made a few mods and the car flat hauls you know what. I'll never get rid of it.

purple camellian thunderbird lx 3.8 v6
By mike levesque on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

amazing fun to drive. great low end tourque. faster than any mustange or camero v6. (ive raced them)

bad paint
By rodimorr on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

4th tbird but not the best. paint is lousy looks terrible.

95 T-Bird Performance
By Enemec on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new with the V8 and all the options. The car has performed well over the last seven (7) years. The 4.6 liter has plenty of power and so far no problems. This is a great American coupe that Ford should be proud of.

My First Ford
By Mom Morton on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I received this car for little money and it needed some preventive maintaince done to it which was long over due and neglected by previous owner. I am still having trouble with the transmission but will fix it once and for all real soon with the help and advice of a good qualified mechanic.

i hate this car so much, NEVER buy
By johnsmith@aol.com on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

o gosh, ford. there ya go, that explains it. Where do i start? i have had SSOO many problems with this car. The TRANNY, electrical problems, lights burn out constantly, stalling of engine, overheating of engine, tranny fell out, trucks space limited, poor sound system, 1 wheel came off driving at 55 mph, not good pick up, is that enough to turn you away from this car? trust me dont buy one. It has spent weeks in the shop. its a peice of crap. dont put your money down the drain!