1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
1995 Thunderbird - 4.6 V8
By John Credico on 03/14/05 09:46 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I am the second owner. This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Well built, good balance (easy on tires) and does not burn a drop of oil nor evaporate any engine coolant. A/C still blows cold air at 82,000 miles. The style still looks good too. GM owners that say they would never own a Ford have told me; this T-Bird model would be one they wouldn't mind owning.

great car-major enine problem
By forddoc on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

though this is a great looking car with power, there was a major design flaw in the engine coolant system which eventually caused a blown motor.Ford should have come out with a recall on this model. The first time I had any indication this could be a problem it was too late, the engine had already been destroyed. Apparently there is only 1 small gasket that seperates the coolant from the oil pan. This seal broke, the coolant poured into the oil pan, the car overheated and the head cracked all in the matter of 3 minutes of highway driving.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By daggerman on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR SINCE 95 AND THE ONLY THING THAT BROKE ON IT WAS THE ANTANNA. THE MOTOR STILL WORKS IT JUST STOPPED GOING UP AND DOWN. I HAVE OWNED ALOT OF CARS AND THIS ONE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES.EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR STILL WORKS GREAT, INCLUDING THE AIR.

Give me an american V-8 and rwd anytime
By hy-gear on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Except for a few minor quirks this car has been great.It handles good , is comfortable,gets 20+mpg and can haul the mail when you want it to its hard to beat for the money

Found on road dead
By DV on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I was 16 and for the past three years it's been a constant money leach.Even though I take good care and only use about one third of an average yearly milege Its broken down 4 times and what happened at 80,000 miles, you guessed it ...the tranny went.Overall it's a cheaply made unefficient gas hog.

This T-Bird Flies
By TbirdLover on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car I ever owned. It is reliable and confortable. Great on gas for a V-8

TBIRD
By DANSK14 on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

SOLID CAR.......TRANNY STARTING TO GO.

Dependable, safe and stylish
By Kirk D on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Wife's pick in 1995. I adopted it from her in '98 because she kept running into things (poor front and rear visibility for shorter people). I was hesitant to drive it because I'm not into the NASCAR thing. But it turns out it is a great car. I was surprised that the vehicle was so quiet - I can't hear the engine on the highway. A few squeaks after 9 years but nothing major. Interior is stylish. It averages 24 MPG. Transmission is smooth. Some maintenance required but nothing too outrageous yet - water pump, suspension bushings, power antenna, minor oil leak. Has 5-star front crash rating! Traction assist helps in bad weather.

Awsome V8 T-bird
By redace98 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in '97, it had only 28,000 miles on it. I love this car handles great and the v8 engine is smooth and quiet. I would buy this vehicle again if i could. Always my choice for long trips. Few mechanical issues but still going strong.

Best ever
By cobra4414 on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Have had it since new. Very powerful and handels very well. Not very good in snow, even with traction control. So I don't use it in winter. That's the only flaw to the car.