1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Fun car but expensive car
By patova5500 on 03/02/08 08:55 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I've had my Thunderbird for four years now. I think I spent $1400 for it. In these four short years, I have put almost $4000 dollars into it. I'll done had problems from torch converter cracking to the doors to heavy for the hinges, making the doors start to fall down to all kind of other problems and trying to firgure what's making my knock when I do regular service on my car (thinking pushrods or valves). I mean, don't get me wrong, T-birds are good, fun cars. If it wasn't, I woundn't put so much into it. On the bright side, they're very good on gas. They have alot of power, very fast. They handle curves good amongst other things. Overall I love the 95t-bird, it just cost alot to keep up.

95 V8
By Ian on 09/23/07 00:56 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This is the first Thunderbird I have owned and enjoy the car thoroughly. The car was purchased here in Southern California from an elderly lady who barely drove it. It had 25000 miles on it and is in great shape. The only major expenses I have had was a complete fuel injector clean out and new tires. The car has never failed amaze me with the performance and good mileage

Best Car
By thunder8 on 05/20/07 06:09 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

When I need to cruise its my joyride. The smooth ride down the road makes it very comfortable and when I want to race somebody the power is there.

Thunderbird loyalty
By Drunaus1 on 05/11/06 07:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Excellent machine and very reliable, usual Ford which will let you know symptomatically that something is wrong before you get stuck, pretty much maintenance free (except for oil changes) until about 150,000 miles, would recommend air intake, O2 sensors, upper control arms and spring (expected in the northeast for the mileage, roads are terrible), traction control feature a must for this vehicle for performance and northeast climate. Will need reliable mechanic for some things as mentioned above, not for old school mechanics; there isn't a distributor so you have coil packs. I recommend the 4.6 v-8 with all the toys, do it right, only complaint is the location of the cup holders in the center console.

I love this car!
By Wesmet on 04/27/06 06:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

If you are thinking about buying a Thunderbird and the tranny doesn't slip I would buy it! I have owned this car for over a year and only had to replace the ball joints. Plenty of power and ok gas mileage. Everyone that rides in my car tells me how much they like it.

Twas a great car
By Dennis on 04/20/06 15:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I had bought it after a 30,000 mile lease expired, and it was in like new condition. For 100,000 miles of driving, I only had about $500 of repair, a blown fan motor and a small part that I don't remember The V8 engine performance was superior, the handling was very good but not exceptional. I'm selling it to a colleague today for $1, but he's getting much, much more than the asking price.

90's Hot Rod
By aaronhall1980 on 04/17/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $3,000 and It was worth every penny! The car was in perfect working order and the leather interior was very comfortable but sporty looking at the same time. The interior set-up was very easy to get used to and the gauges were easy to read and well illuminated. The big surprize comes when you put the petal to the floor! The powerful V-8 leaves nothing more to want for the money and provides easy cruising or powerful takeoffs. An all-around sporty but comfy car.

Solid '95 T-Bird V8
By sfreid on 10/19/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Bought off the dealer lot in Nov '94. Very solid. Great touring car. V8 has good power and good highway MPG. Most expensive repairs were made under warranty. No major repairs, but starting to have a few minor problems at 122K. Always buy T or better speed rated tires for better handling. Car is pretty easy to work on.

First Car
By John on 10/11/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

Man, when my grandfather bought me this car I really didn't like Thunderbirds, but when I got behind the wheel and saw all the stuff it had on it, I thought it was great. The combination of luxury and performance is great. It's so smooth i almost fall asleep when I drive it, but it could haul the mail if it needs to. Pretty great for a first car!

love my bird
By Bob L on 08/25/05 06:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I've owned an '84, '90, and this '95 bird. I liked them all, but I love this one. A wonderful combination of power (4.6 L V8) and luxury combined with reliability and just flat out fun to drive. Have wood trim on dash, nice with tan leather. Have gold trim with chrome wheels, pacific dark green, and it's a beauty even being 10 years old. Still get comments on it.This car drives like it's brand new, and still love to drive it. Have 90,000 miles on it and it has been very reliable. I use Mobile 1 oil, I want to keep this car for a long time. I don't think I could buy a car new today for under $40,000 that would compare.