Used 1995 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

1995 T Bird
By Mike Maz

Great ride
By shogie

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 T-Bird new and have put almost 300,000 miles on it. It is the 4.6 V8. I just put a Ford rebuilt engine and tranny in it as it was burning too much oil after all those miles. It still ran great, however. I have not had any unusual problems with it other than normal maintenance. It still has the original rotors after 3 sets of pads on the front. Top speed is 105 mph as the governor shuts it off at that speed. It goes back on as soon as it gest under 100. I am now in the process of getting the body redone due to the clearcoat coming off. I have nothing but nice to say about this vehicle. I do agree with other reviews regarding the cup holder. Not good planning on Ford's part.

V8 engine, independent suspension, design and ride.

Cup holder in a getter place.

Love my Bird!
By ladymelan81

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love my bird, I bought it off my dad and he's had it since it was new. We scored the rare factory Venetian Blue Pearl color so it changes from purple to blue in the sun light. People stop and stare at her she's so pretty! Very fast, she can get up to 100 mph without trying. This car likes to fly, speeding tickets may be an issue.

Love the handling and ease of accelerating. Lots of room and comfortable. Auto climate control is a great feature, and the power moon roof is great in summer. Handles great in all weather including snow.

Cup holder does suck, bad location. It's easy to elbow your drinks while driving. If your very tall you may need to keep your head down, it's a low car built for speed!

SC = Super-Crap
By oereveiws

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

This car is COMPLETE JUNK.
Do not buy one... Quality is awful, layout is very poorly planned as far as the engine bay goes.
Engine vibrates, transmission is complete junk.
Window trim is complete garbage.
This car is a complete
nightmare to drive and work on.

The door handle that gets me out.

Everything

Great handling V8
By mnourse1

1995 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I stole this car at $850, charged the a/c and put in an upgardede soundsystem, it goes like a rocket..has a few small rust issue, but that is ohio.. The car runs like a scalded rabbit, tranny shift strong and tight. I think the last owner put a shift kit in it,, Cupholders are NOt very convenient..

Full Gauge package. I think later years they put a few dummy lights in it for oil press and Volts. Comfort of the seating areas. Quietness of the V8 except slight sweet exhaust note from the factory duals

better factory stereo, sounds horrible.. and cupholders are obnoxious