Used 1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC - Consumer Reviews

SC 3.8L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )

SC = Super-Crap
By oereveiws

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

This car is COMPLETE JUNK. Do not buy one... Quality is awful, layout is very poorly planned as far as the engine bay goes. Engine vibrates, transmission is complete junk. Window trim is complete garbage. This car is a complete nightmare to drive and work on.

The door handle that gets me out.

Everything

First Car
By John

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

Man, when my grandfather bought me this car I really didn't like Thunderbirds, but when I got behind the wheel and saw all the stuff it had on it, I thought it was great. The combination of luxury and performance is great. It's so smooth i almost fall asleep when I drive it, but it could haul the mail if it needs to. Pretty great for a first car!

I like how the dash and console just wrap around you.

Cupholders.

SC
By miclub7

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

Too many easily prevented problems from manufactuer. Head gaskets are a huge problem along with skrawny motor mounts that couldn't even support torque for a 4 cylinder. Honestly the problems are a pitty.

A stereo that I installed and was stolen. The thieves used a screwdriver to open the door from the key holeand the door unlocked. ("what a great locking mechanism...NOT!")

Start from scratch and build again...I have to say thats what ford did. The 2003 thunderbird is a big improvement from the previous 90's models.

I love my SC
By mscottyo

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

Great, classic automoblie. Very reliable and great fun to drive.

The supercharger, for starters, the automatic suspension control and traction control.

None that I can think of.

Thunderous Torque
By SkidMark

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

My Super Coupe cruises at speeds well over the dollar mark silently and with seemingly no effort. It feels like it's concealing a huge V8 under the hood when the clutch engages; but then that's the beauty of its supercharged and intercooled 3.8L V6. Handling is remarkably neutral and predictable but the ride is a little stiff and bumpy over rough roads. The power-lumber and power-side-bolster seats and are very comfortable, even on long drives. It’s difficult to think of many complaints. There are a few minor squeaks and rattles and the interior materials don't win any raves. But I still look forward to getting behind the wheel every time.

Power, handling, seats, climate control, safety, and the subtle, classic-wedge styling.

While this car has a beautiful instrument panel that flows around into the console, and great seats, some of the interior materials, fit, and finish look cheap.