Used 1995 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Great ride
By shogie

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 T-Bird new and have put almost 300,000 miles on it. It is the 4.6 V8. I just put a Ford rebuilt engine and tranny in it as it was burning too much oil after all those miles. It still ran great, however. I have not had any unusual problems with it other than normal maintenance. It still has the original rotors after 3 sets of pads on the front. Top speed is 105 mph as the governor shuts it off at that speed. It goes back on as soon as it gest under 100. I am now in the process of getting the body redone due to the clearcoat coming off. I have nothing but nice to say about this vehicle. I do agree with other reviews regarding the cup holder. Not good planning on Ford's part.

Favorite Features

V8 engine, independent suspension, design and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder in a getter place.

Love my Bird!
By ladymelan81

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love my bird, I bought it off my dad and he's had it since it was new. We scored the rare factory Venetian Blue Pearl color so it changes from purple to blue in the sun light. People stop and stare at her she's so pretty! Very fast, she can get up to 100 mph without trying. This car likes to fly, speeding tickets may be an issue.

Favorite Features

Love the handling and ease of accelerating. Lots of room and comfortable. Auto climate control is a great feature, and the power moon roof is great in summer. Handles great in all weather including snow.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder does suck, bad location. It's easy to elbow your drinks while driving. If your very tall you may need to keep your head down, it's a low car built for speed!

Great handling V8
By mnourse1

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I stole this car at $850, charged the a/c and put in an upgardede soundsystem, it goes like a rocket..has a few small rust issue, but that is ohio.. The car runs like a scalded rabbit, tranny shift strong and tight. I think the last owner put a shift kit in it,, Cupholders are NOt very convenient..

Favorite Features

Full Gauge package. I think later years they put a few dummy lights in it for oil press and Volts. Comfort of the seating areas. Quietness of the V8 except slight sweet exhaust note from the factory duals

Suggested Improvements

better factory stereo, sounds horrible.. and cupholders are obnoxious

Best car ford ever made? I think YES!
By lovemytbird

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Okay so my dad has owned a 87 v6 model, a 91 v6 cougar, and then obviously the 95 v8 thunderbird. He bought it for 1500 dollars with just over 100,000 miles on it and The car rolled over 150,000 miles the day i got my license and ever since that day i have loved this car with a passion. Sure its had to have a couple parts replaced but thats just general maintenance. Its literally the best of both worlds you get a powerful 4.6 which you wouldnt think is that fast but i beat an Audi A6 with no trouble at all, and i kept up with an 93 prelude si and the only reason i lost was because i lost traction. put glasspacks andCats are broken up so im putting on Magnaflows very soon. Great Car!

Favorite Features

RWD is nice for burnouts and drifting, also very very comfey ride. Lots of room. Great design. has 170,000 and just started to rust. Reliable. good on gas (21 if you dont floor it constantly, 18 if you do)

Suggested Improvements

cup holders in the center console is kinda dumb, Limited slip is nice for corners but sucks in the winter.

We've had our problems, but I can't let her go.
By kevohyuh

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I am the proud owner of a 1995 Ford Thunderbird Lx with the 4.6L V8 engine. I love this car. Its big, comfortable, and has alot of power. It hasn't exactly been the most reliable car for me though. I bought it a year ago, and its been out of order for about 6 months now. Right off the bat, it started burning oil. I later found out that this is a common problem in the 94-95 model. The suspension is what caused me to park it. It shakes so bad, that I was afraid for my life, and so was my mechanic. However, I am about to drop a new engine into it and put in all new suspension because this car is worth it. I love the looks, and the power. The 96-97 model is better though, they don't burn oil.

Favorite Features

V8 engine, Power Sunroof, I love the birds on the tail lights, the dark stock tent, the room in the front seats, the fold down arm rest in the back, and the key less entree pad on the door.Oh, and I love that the key holes lights up when you unlock the door with the key less fob. I have added a few favorites on my own as well. I love my 17x9 5 spoke rims, touch screen dvd player and sc body kit.

Suggested Improvements

Its a very reliable car, even with the oil burning problem. The suspension could have been designed better. The engines oil burning problem was fixed in the 96-97 model and so was the cup holder placement. Over all a great car though, especially if your looking for a cool project. I originally bought it as a daily driver, and it just turned into a project car. However, I can't wait to get her back on the road! Such a great car.