1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Great ride
By shogie on 05/30/14 07:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 95 T-Bird new and have put almost 300,000 miles on it. It is the 4.6 V8. I just put a Ford rebuilt engine and tranny in it as it was burning too much oil after all those miles. It still ran great, however. I have not had any unusual problems with it other than normal maintenance. It still has the original rotors after 3 sets of pads on the front. Top speed is 105 mph as the governor shuts it off at that speed. It goes back on as soon as it gest under 100. I am now in the process of getting the body redone due to the clearcoat coming off. I have nothing but nice to say about this vehicle. I do agree with other reviews regarding the cup holder. Not good planning on Ford's part.

Love my Bird!
By ladymelan81 on 01/12/14 12:23 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love my bird, I bought it off my dad and he's had it since it was new. We scored the rare factory Venetian Blue Pearl color so it changes from purple to blue in the sun light. People stop and stare at her she's so pretty! Very fast, she can get up to 100 mph without trying. This car likes to fly, speeding tickets may be an issue.

Great handling V8
By mnourse1 on 08/03/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I stole this car at $850, charged the a/c and put in an upgardede soundsystem, it goes like a rocket..has a few small rust issue, but that is ohio.. The car runs like a scalded rabbit, tranny shift strong and tight. I think the last owner put a shift kit in it,, Cupholders are NOt very convenient..

Best car ford ever made? I think YES!
By lovemytbird on 09/24/11 00:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Okay so my dad has owned a 87 v6 model, a 91 v6 cougar, and then obviously the 95 v8 thunderbird. He bought it for 1500 dollars with just over 100,000 miles on it and The car rolled over 150,000 miles the day i got my license and ever since that day i have loved this car with a passion. Sure its had to have a couple parts replaced but thats just general maintenance. Its literally the best of both worlds you get a powerful 4.6 which you wouldnt think is that fast but i beat an Audi A6 with no trouble at all, and i kept up with an 93 prelude si and the only reason i lost was because i lost traction. put glasspacks andCats are broken up so im putting on Magnaflows very soon. Great Car!

We've had our problems, but I can't let her go.
By kevohyuh on 02/12/11 03:29 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I am the proud owner of a 1995 Ford Thunderbird Lx with the 4.6L V8 engine. I love this car. Its big, comfortable, and has alot of power. It hasn't exactly been the most reliable car for me though. I bought it a year ago, and its been out of order for about 6 months now. Right off the bat, it started burning oil. I later found out that this is a common problem in the 94-95 model. The suspension is what caused me to park it. It shakes so bad, that I was afraid for my life, and so was my mechanic. However, I am about to drop a new engine into it and put in all new suspension because this car is worth it. I love the looks, and the power. The 96-97 model is better though, they don't burn oil.

T burnin
By tbirdn on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have a 95 4.6 that i added a cold air intake with the chip, sensors, shift kit, magna flow exhaust, suspension, and i got to say it has never let me down and is a blast to drive. Watch out all you little turbo Hondas, I'm coming. lol

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6
By Tom Francis on 07/17/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just bought the car (07-12-2010) Was garaged looks almost mint, 64,000 miles runs and looks great. An elderly lady owned it, $2,300 The Kelly Blue Book and NADA do not due this car justice. And yeah, the cup holders are in the wrong place.

This car ROCKS!
By Zac on 07/14/10 01:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car can haul man. 4.6 L v8 230 hp with 290 ft/lbs of torque plus the 15 extra hp from the flowmaster

I LOVE MY T-BIRD!
By Kevin on 03/16/10 12:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have had it for about a month now and I LOVE IT! Everything I could have asked for and cheap as dirt! 136000 miles when I bought it 138,000 now. I have had to replace the serpentine belt and a battery connector. Very fast, very reliable and good looking. My T-Bird has all of the options. Moon roof, power everything, Auto head lights, auto climate control, Keyless entree pad, remote keyless entree fob. All for $1900! You just can't beat that! I just wish they made more aftermarket parts for it. Major upgrade from my previous 97 ranger. V8 is very quick on the highway and I get 20 mpg. Plenty of room for me, seeing as i'm 6 foot 5 that's saying something! Great car, great price, SWEET!

Superbirdie
By drdr05 on 11/29/09 23:24 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love to drive and this car is like what a mustang should be. My baby gets 20-21 city and 29-34 highway depending on how fast I drive. I've did two mods ram/cold air intake and 2 3" pipes which can be straight piped at the mufflers. I race now and then but manly is my everyday driver. No major problems just a water pump and a MAF. 13.2 @ 94mph in 1/4. Not bad for a Ford that has 155000 miles. Awesome car!!!!!!