1994 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1994 Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Sort Reviews by

My Review
By ironchopz

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Purchased used in 4/97 with 28325 miles; mileage now: 171700. I'm very pleased with how the car has held up. The car is driven a lot. It's very comfortable, and enjoyable to drive. This T-bird routinely gets 23mpg+. Compared to the smaller engines (< 2.5L) that get 26-30mpg, this 'Bird (V- 8/4.6L) sips gas; it's a better value than the smaller-engine vehicles. I've towed a 6x12 U-Haul trailer through the Rockies: the engine never ran hot & fuel economy didn't drop much (19-20mpg w/ full car and trailer). Cons: the doors are heavy & go out of alignment periodically. The Premium Sound CD system is installed, but it lacks the 'punch' an aftermarket CD player would have.

Favorite Features

Smooooth ride; strong acceleration; excellent fuel economy for a larger engine (4.6 liters). A lot of standard features & options made it a very good value in my eyes.

Suggested Improvements

Too late to improve on: lighter doors would have been nice. Higher- performance audio system would've been appropriate. Lastly, remove the rev limiter (hahaha)!

thunderbird faults
By ralph

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I am always reading of how great these cars are, well I see differently than everyone else. To begin the ford defects that they never admit to, such as the clear coat,transmission, interior trim,brakes , and the modules in the steering column that go bad every other year. After dealing with this car since it was new I will never purchase a domestic again.

Favorite Features

There does'nt seem to be any. Well maybe if I was the operator of the car crusher.

Suggested Improvements

Ford just let the fat lady die, don't resurect the name in the new "improved" T-bird.

Be Warned!!!
By chadlincoln

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car because it looked awesome, the price was low, and it had low mileage (54,000 when I got it in 2001). Ford had a customer care on the head gaskets for the 3.8L. Mine blew with 80,000 miles. Ford wouldn't do anything to help me out with it, even though it was well under the 100,000 mile extended warranty. Mechanic at dealership told me that a majority of those that blow head gaskets that he's fixed end up locking up about a month later because of the damage already done from the head gaskets. Not going to buy anything Ford ever again. Terrible gas mileage too. I had to fill up about 1.5 times a week. Expensive when gas shoots up.

Favorite Features

Interior design very nice. Good pick up

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage terrible. Head gaskets problems, so stay away. Small back seat if you neet to cart around people.

Bad paint,transmissiom,brakes
By papajoe

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I had the car for 4 weeks ,the trans. started acting funny.It cost me 600 dollars to get it fixed.The paint on the hood,top,and trunk is very baddly faided.The car need to be repainted.Small things inside the car breaks.The shifter handle broke.200 dollars to fix.Screws just break of the plactic.The brakes make funny sounds,but stop good.Over all the car so far has been a good car.

WONDERFUL THUNDERBIRD, EXCEPT TRANS.
By JOE SACK

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

LOVE THE CAR BUT HAVE WORRIED ABOUT TRANSMISSION SINCE 60000 MILES. FORD DEALER SAYS IT IS FINE. MANY REPORTS ON INTERNET ABOUT TRANSMISSION DEFECTS. I JUST CHANGE FLUID EVERY 30000 MILES AND IT IS STILL GOING AT 107000. NOT GETTING ANY WORSE.

Suggested Improvements

NEEDED A CUP HOLDER

AWESOME CAR
By Dado

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

THIS CAR IS DAMN AWESOME ! ! !

Favorite Features

ALL OF THEM

Suggested Improvements

NONE (maybe gears)