Used 1994 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

1994 T-Bird V-8
By Jason

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 94' T-Bird V-8 in 2001 with 89,000 miles and it has been very good to me. The only thing that I replaced was the torque converter. The 4.6 Liter V-8 has plenty of power and gets nearly the same gas mileage as the 3.8 L. V-6. It also has a very comfortable interior. 155,000 miles now in 2007 and still running circles around Civic's.

V-8 power, looks, interior.

Poor design of cupholders. Should have made the 4.6 L. V-8 with the option of being supercharged instead of the 3.8 L. head gasket blowing SC!

Best Ford ever built!
By 4.6l V8

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Purchased the car my senior year of high school! From the moment I set eyes on it I was hooked! Upon driving it I fell deeper in love as the 4.6lt engine blasted me past every car in sight! Ran flawlessly until I wrapped it around a tree, car held up incredibly, came out of accident without a scratch and it still ran! Would def recommend to anyone looking for a nice reliable car that's fun to drive. But be careful when driving because the car is a lot faster than it looks. Not recommended for new teen drivers!

Powerful V8, exterior styling, comfortable seats!

Better cupholder placement and no speed limiter!

money pit
By fstrfrvo

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just had to rebuild the tranny at the cost of $1600. OUCH. Heater no longer works, gives me the a/c when you turn the heater on. The electronic climate display is now burned out. Drivers window no longer goes down on its own, have to push it down. Now it's throwing a code for the catalytic converter out of range, of course you can't just get a new converter you have to buy a whole y pipe at a cost of $1100. Any of you that have around 130,000 miles get ready for a tranny build, and believe me they are not cheap.

Nice for long drives, nice chrome wheel package, still look great after all these years. A/C blows ice cold.

Quality! Make it easier to change oil filter. Cup holders in the center console. Paint quality. Rear factory window tint.

Shouldn't have hung in there...
By Hutleyman

Bought it when it was 5 years old
w/88,000 miles on it. Paid $5,500.
Didn't have a single repair problem
for 4 solid years. Thought it was the
dream buy of my life. Then I hit
153,000 miles and had to decide
whether to keep regular maintenance up
(new tires/shocks/some front
suspension work/brakes/battery) and
decided to bite the bullet since it
was such a great car. Then the
floodgates opened. After sinking $2
grand into it and thinking I would be
set for another 3-4 years, look out.
Be ready to get a new loan when the
tranny goes and hope they get it right
the first time. New computer, EGR,
alternator, water pump all went within
the next 5,000 miles. I'm now milking
it for all it's worth.

Bucket seats, powerful V-8, good Handling, great MPG for a V-8 (21-22 city/27-28 hwy) AC (original unit still working excellent - knock on wood)

Definitely better cup holder placement, better placement of oil filter (if you've ever changed your own oil on this car, you know what I mean).

T-Birds have been good
By rvernooy

I've had 83, 89, 94 and 95 T-Birds. I
like this body style the best and have
had only two problems that I consider
significant. Both the 83 and 94 TBirds
have had the driver door hinges fail.
The transmission on this car failed
(overdrive locked with 3rd gear) so
replaced at 70K miles. Otherwise, good
economy at 21MPG still. Good air,
power windows, doors, trunk still. no
leaks. No exhaust problems to date
(love that stainless steel exhaust).

I love the body style, great MPG for a V8, automatic everything, comfortable on long trips, I can haul up to 50 plants at a time for my wife's gardening. Great small turning radius makes it easy to drive in parking lots. And its large on responsiveness but small enough

Door hinges could be made with a better metal so they don't wear out. The door is heavy and over time the driver's door is alway the first to go. Don't offer the clearcoat paint. The front bumper is flexible and in parking it gets hit often so that the paint flakes off very easily