1994 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Love it! I'll be sorry to have to sell.
By homebizhosting.com on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the power of a V-8! My T-bird has always been a bit "rough" when shifting from first into second gear. But I've only had a few problems with it over the last 4 years. My worst problems have been: having to replace a battery every year, because I neglect to clean off the battery poles of corrosion. Other worst problem is there was some sort of oil pan funnel or gasket or something that was leaking a lot of oil. Mechanic was reluctant to troubleshoot....but I insisted. Once he took a look, he replaced the faulty connection and I've had zero oil leaks since! Reliable car and the parts are cheap!

Big Mistake
By trina on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 94 T-Bird with 54,000 miles on it. Within a year I replaced the motor for the idle, the starter, the alternator, and now the transmission is going out. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Great car for long trips
By Knights on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Thunderbird to replace my 1990 Cougar. The Cougar had the same motor and the only major problem was head gaskets (watch the 3.8L engine once it gets over 200,000km). The only problem so far with the Thunderbird is it idles rough. I have yet to resolve this problem (I'm trying to start with the simple things first). Other than that it's nice having the full power of the 3.8L again. There's never a problem passing people on the highway.

Get one if you can
By v8tbirds on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

If you can find a V8-Tbird, you won't be disappointed. The 4.6L V8 gives this large coupe much more verve than the standard V6. It is too bad that Ford discountinued it's flagship personal coupe. It is a large coupe loaded with creature comforts. With the optional powersunroof and intergrated telephone this car cost about $18,000 new...a real bargain! Now I have driven this car daily, and routinely average 25mpg when cruising along the hi-way at 65mph...and taking it easy in the city streets.

Requiem for a Great Car
By renabg on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Just ordered a new Mazda6 to replace my venerable 4.6L V8 T-Bird. Wonderful car for the past 9+ years. Had the torque converter shudder but synthetic fluid plus a cooler fixed that. Fastest electric windows I've ever seen. Terrific road car. Replace orioginal tires with Michelin x-Ones. Perfect for the car. Car is wiped down and covered after every use. 147k miles on it and it looks like it just rolled off of the assembly line. Will be passing it to one of my sons who will care for it like I did.

The only car keep many years after paid.
By rexb on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Love it's V8. The only problem is the Ford's Factory paint.

94 tbird has been good to me
By e jones on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Bought my V8 tbird new in 94. After 135,000 miles only things ever to go wrong were water pump and alternator. Some little pieces of interior trim broke but nothing major. Transmission used to make the typical annoying shutter from the torque converter but was a simple fix 3 years ago with synthetic trans fluid. Only major complaint is faiding of paint on roof. It should last longer than 8 years.

Hard to let Go
By N Smith on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I am passing on my 1994 V8 Tbird to my daughters fiancee and hate to let it go. Purchased new in 1994, it has been the very best vehicle I ever owned. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles and other than brakes and tires maintenance has been minimal. My only complaint was the lack of cup holders. Hope my new vehicle performs as well as the TBird. Ford sure made a good one.

great car!!!!!
By eds94tbirdsc on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird SC 2dr Coupe

This was a car that I always wanted to own . I was considering a lot of different vehicles until I seen this one in an add . I also found out it was 1 0f only 722 made in 94 . Love my car.

lots o money
By tp on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

transmision, headgasket, brakes you name it i replaced it.... nice car fun to drive expensive to fix