1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Best Ford ever built!
By 4.6l V8 on 05/13/07 23:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Purchased the car my senior year of high school! From the moment I set eyes on it I was hooked! Upon driving it I fell deeper in love as the 4.6lt engine blasted me past every car in sight! Ran flawlessly until I wrapped it around a tree, car held up incredibly, came out of accident without a scratch and it still ran! Would def recommend to anyone looking for a nice reliable car that's fun to drive. But be careful when driving because the car is a lot faster than it looks. Not recommended for new teen drivers!

money pit
By fstrfrvo on 06/21/06 23:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Just had to rebuild the tranny at the cost of $1600. OUCH. Heater no longer works, gives me the a/c when you turn the heater on. The electronic climate display is now burned out. Drivers window no longer goes down on its own, have to push it down. Now it's throwing a code for the catalytic converter out of range, of course you can't just get a new converter you have to buy a whole y pipe at a cost of $1100. Any of you that have around 130,000 miles get ready for a tranny build, and believe me they are not cheap.

Shouldn't have hung in there...
By Hutleyman on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it when it was 5 years old w/88,000 miles on it. Paid $5,500. Didn't have a single repair problem for 4 solid years. Thought it was the dream buy of my life. Then I hit 153,000 miles and had to decide whether to keep regular maintenance up (new tires/shocks/some front suspension work/brakes/battery) and decided to bite the bullet since it was such a great car. Then the floodgates opened. After sinking $2 grand into it and thinking I would be set for another 3-4 years, look out. Be ready to get a new loan when the tranny goes and hope they get it right the first time. New computer, EGR, alternator, water pump all went within the next 5,000 miles. I'm now milking it for all it's worth.

T-Birds have been good
By rvernooy on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I've had 83, 89, 94 and 95 T-Birds. I like this body style the best and have had only two problems that I consider significant. Both the 83 and 94 TBirds have had the driver door hinges fail. The transmission on this car failed (overdrive locked with 3rd gear) so replaced at 70K miles. Otherwise, good economy at 21MPG still. Good air, power windows, doors, trunk still. no leaks. No exhaust problems to date (love that stainless steel exhaust).

Untouchable Thunderbird
By Gfaze on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This is without a doubt the best and most reliable car I've ever owned. The 4.6L V8 is powerful enough to overtake anything on the road. I haven't come across any Civic that can take me yet! (And they keep trying, LOL)It handles very well and is very comfortable to drive in. The only thing I don't like is the location of the cupholders. The interior is very nice and it's a great car to drive over long distance. I got the car with 98,000 miles on it and now it has 141,000 miles and it's still going strong! I originally wanted a Mustang but I'm glad a came across this car. The best buy I've made.

Happy with my T-bird
By carolann on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Dependability is A-1. I have 116,000 and purchased it with 11,000. Have spent very little...the best car I ever owned!

FORD SHOULD HAVE KEPT THIS RELABLE CAR
By John in Mass on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This review is a bit late considering I have not owned my 1994 Tbird for 6 years. It was one of the best vehicles I've owned. Totally reliable with NO problems and EXTREMELY SAFE. I would have another now, if still made. I was driving on the highway one day at 60 mph, when a car cut me off, I overcorrected the wheel to avoid cars, but hit 2 in the rear end, rolled over several times, went into the gulley, hit 2 trees. The air bags came out and I walked away without a scratch. It didn't even look that bad, very little crushing of sheet metal. Naturally it was totalled. I now drive a 1998 Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer, another great SAFE vehicle from Ford.

Millenium Falcon Lives On!!!
By BCM on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with 12,000 miles on it senior year of college and has never let me down since. Now has 170,000+ miles on it and still runs strong.

1994 Ford T-Bird LX
By Scottie43 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I like my t-bird so far. One thing that I don't like is the cup holders ar i the wrong place. You hit it with your elbow. They are located in the center console towards the back. Other than that I have been pleased with t.

Love it! I'll be sorry to have to sell.
By homebizhosting.com on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the power of a V-8! My T-bird has always been a bit "rough" when shifting from first into second gear. But I've only had a few problems with it over the last 4 years. My worst problems have been: having to replace a battery every year, because I neglect to clean off the battery poles of corrosion. Other worst problem is there was some sort of oil pan funnel or gasket or something that was leaking a lot of oil. Mechanic was reluctant to troubleshoot....but I insisted. Once he took a look, he replaced the faulty connection and I've had zero oil leaks since! Reliable car and the parts are cheap!