Used 1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

'94 Tbird LX: One of my faves
By boater59

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car from it's original elderly owners in 2004 with only 24k original miles for $2k. Actually had the original though spider cracked tires. Drove it for years as my main commute and get around vehicle for myself. 19-20 mpg in town and have seen 29 on the highway during long road trips to visit family. Extremely comfy to ride in for long periods, quiet on the highway with windows up and just an overall best buy I ever made. Major issues encountered has been the ball joints and idle arm bushings. Both the left and right front ball joints have broken on me while in a sharp turn in and exiting a parking lot requiring tows to a shop.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics of driver seating; arm rests; quiet inside on the road; mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Front ball joints and assoicated linkage.

94 Ford Thunderbird V8 Cross country
By ashlyk

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have had my Ford Thunderbird for about 4 years. I got it from its first owner. My mile counter broke about 3 years ago. It had 175,000 on it when it broke. Since then I have driven it back and forth from Texas to Florida 4 times and recently just drove it from Texas to Virginia. It is the most dependable car I have ever had! I have had a couple of small problems but it is worth the money that i put into it. I have gotten well worth my money out of it with how many places this car had taken me.

THE MOST AMAZING CAR<(^,,^)>
By darklycan6432

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I got my 94 thunderbird lx when i was a senior in high school. When i first drove it i loved it everything is great. I ran into one small problem i had to change the transmission it costed me $500. But after that it runs great and it still does. I didnt have any problems with it on a 800 mile drive home. I drive it everywhere and i wouldnt trade it for anything. I love everything about it. It has over 180000 miles on it and it runs great.

Favorite Features

almost everything

Suggested Improvements

cupholders and back sit could be bigger

THE MOST AMAZING CAR<(^,,^)>
By darklycan6432

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love my 94 thunderbird lx with its 4.6l V8 engine. I got it when i was a senior in high school. I love to drive it everywhere i go. The only trouble i have had out of it was the transmission cause the owner before me didn't take care of it. I got it replaced for $500. I still driving it everywhere. It ran great from Tulsa OK to Madisonville TN great i had no problems with it over the 800 mile trip. I have people always wanting to race me. But i love it all together.

Favorite Features

almost everything

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS and bigger back sit for taller people

Best car ever owned
By Spider Hruska

1994 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Purchased at 58,000 miles, replaced tranny at 62ooo and now at 185,000. 1 water pump. Nothing else except door jamb hinges, gears in electric windows, O D button on gear shifter. Only 3rd set of brakes,tires. Great performance, steering. Fast, reliable, 19-20 in town, 28 on road. Do Not run OD under 55, do not hit pass gear on wet streets, no heavy gas on wet corners and it will last a life time. Front end wears out around 170,000. (Costly) Best car ever owned. Ford needs to bring it back, drop some others.

Favorite Features

V8 performance, response, economy with OD on highway.

Suggested Improvements

eliminate "limiter", take "lump" out of center of back seat. Needs rear disc brakes.(?)