1994 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
'94 Tbird LX: One of my faves
By boater59 on 02/17/12 12:10 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Bought the car from it's original elderly owners in 2004 with only 24k original miles for $2k. Actually had the original though spider cracked tires. Drove it for years as my main commute and get around vehicle for myself. 19-20 mpg in town and have seen 29 on the highway during long road trips to visit family. Extremely comfy to ride in for long periods, quiet on the highway with windows up and just an overall best buy I ever made. Major issues encountered has been the ball joints and idle arm bushings. Both the left and right front ball joints have broken on me while in a sharp turn in and exiting a parking lot requiring tows to a shop.

94 Ford Thunderbird V8 Cross country
By ashlyk on 12/30/11 21:45 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I have had my Ford Thunderbird for about 4 years. I got it from its first owner. My mile counter broke about 3 years ago. It had 175,000 on it when it broke. Since then I have driven it back and forth from Texas to Florida 4 times and recently just drove it from Texas to Virginia. It is the most dependable car I have ever had! I have had a couple of small problems but it is worth the money that i put into it. I have gotten well worth my money out of it with how many places this car had taken me.

THE MOST AMAZING CAR<(^,,^)>
By darklycan6432 on 01/06/10 09:22 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I got my 94 thunderbird lx when i was a senior in high school. When i first drove it i loved it everything is great. I ran into one small problem i had to change the transmission it costed me $500. But after that it runs great and it still does. I didnt have any problems with it on a 800 mile drive home. I drive it everywhere and i wouldnt trade it for anything. I love everything about it. It has over 180000 miles on it and it runs great.

THE MOST AMAZING CAR<(^,,^)>
By darklycan6432 on 01/06/10 08:32 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I love my 94 thunderbird lx with its 4.6l V8 engine. I got it when i was a senior in high school. I love to drive it everywhere i go. The only trouble i have had out of it was the transmission cause the owner before me didn't take care of it. I got it replaced for $500. I still driving it everywhere. It ran great from Tulsa OK to Madisonville TN great i had no problems with it over the 800 mile trip. I have people always wanting to race me. But i love it all together.

Best car ever owned
By Spider Hruska on 08/17/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Purchased at 58,000 miles, replaced tranny at 62ooo and now at 185,000. 1 water pump. Nothing else except door jamb hinges, gears in electric windows, O D button on gear shifter. Only 3rd set of brakes,tires. Great performance, steering. Fast, reliable, 19-20 in town, 28 on road. Do Not run OD under 55, do not hit pass gear on wet streets, no heavy gas on wet corners and it will last a life time. Front end wears out around 170,000. (Costly) Best car ever owned. Ford needs to bring it back, drop some others.

Love at first drive
By jt on 11/09/08 12:11 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I got my bird with only 7,000 miles on it in '96. V-8. Perform routine maintenance and have had no major problems. If you don't perform routine maintenance then any car, foreign or domestic will have problems. If you take care of this car it will go the miles. I have over 100,000 miles on mine. I cannot find another car that comes close to my bird in comfort or styling (and I haved looked, cause I love that new car smell). I won't be letting it go anytime soon. I am actually saving to get it painted and getting new rims.

94 T-Bird 4.6 liter
By Curt on 10/05/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Great fun, acceleration, handling and more. Not enough cup holders is only gripe. 16 to 20 mpg overall, mostly city.

When it fails it snowballs
By mike on 08/18/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

It handles excellent, great transmission, can't even feel it changing gears. Bought it with 37k miles and now has 75k but when the trouble started it has yet to stop. The radiator, battery, alternator, hoses (normal) wear, this got me thru another year, but now power steering major leak, driver door handle bad, etc...I think i got my cash out of it, but thought it should have much more life in it. I'm going with a Toyota or Honda till the end of time. No more Fords for me.

Great work car
By Steve on 09/01/07 06:51 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 150k mniles on it, and have put over 150k more miles on it. The motor is strong and gets great gas mileage - 27+ mpg on the highway. The paint is pretty rough due to all the miles on it. Preventive maintenance keeps the car running. I drive it daily to work and I get funny looks from everybody because the car doesn't look very good anymore, but I pass everyone, both on the highway and the gas station. I am not planning to restore this one, I have another 94 with over 400k miles that I am restoring to showroom perfect. If you want a reliable car, buy a Tbird with the 4.6 ltr V-8.

1994 T-Bird V-8
By Jason on 08/23/07 23:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 94' T-Bird V-8 in 2001 with 89,000 miles and it has been very good to me. The only thing that I replaced was the torque converter. The 4.6 Liter V-8 has plenty of power and gets nearly the same gas mileage as the 3.8 L. V-6. It also has a very comfortable interior. 155,000 miles now in 2007 and still running circles around Civic's.