1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
tbird
By price on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

At 90,000 miles I had to replace the heads at a Ford dealership, but am still having problems. I've replaced the switch twice now for my headlights and am once again having problems with the lights flickering and the brights don't work. However, it is pretty dependable, I have 145,000 miles on my Bird and the body is in great shape, no rust and it's comfy and roomy.

COOL
By JONBONJESUS on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

IT IS A GOOD CAR THAT DRIVES WELL. I ENJOY IT, IT IS MUCH BETTER THAN MY OLD CAR.

A Great Car!!!!!
By Jason Yetley on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

152,000 miles and no major problems....only regular maintance needed. The car has power, style and is very economical to drive. I love it.

good car!
By Camshaft on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

A WONDERFUL CAR! And I drive rough!

great car
By mrgrinster on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

ok i am a auto techician and i like the car it has been good to me i did have to put head gaskets in it but that is par for course it will happen sooner than later so be prepared but all that aside the car runs great it even pulls my boat really good so itcan't be all bad and the tail lights on the trunk lid that has the t-bird symbol the bulbs are not replaceable so if you have one burn out go to a junk yard and get one that works or spend 220 dollars at the dealership for one

Still Goin'
By Tanner S on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 1998 with 80,000 miles and I now have 125,000 on its 3.8 liter engine. I have had no major problems but have dealt with minor things: rear brakes ($230 labor included),fog-light switch, wiper motor ($100), mass air-flow sensor($130), inner tie rods ($40, both sides), tie- rod end ($30?), and a broken fuel line ($200 w/ labor). This is my first car that I bought when I was 16 and of the few problems, I have been able to fix them all myself (except the fuel line & brakes). I still have good power even after 125,000 miles. It does burn about 3/4 quart of oil in-between changes however.

Still going . . .
By itsjustmickey on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car a couple of months ago and after spending a ton of money on the suspension (previous owner rammed a curb) this car rides and runs like new. I'm looking to replace some of the plastic molding and kick panels, mainly the plastic panels that go with the seats, that were pretty well ruined in the accident, but other than that it doesnít run or look like a car thatís 10 years old. 117,000 miles on it and according to my mechanic, the on board computer reports everything is withing 3% of spec. Not bad for a car this old.

Reliable, if a little slow
By Matt M (aka Dragoon) on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

The paint on the bumper is peeling, and there are parts coming off of the dash, but for the price, it's still comfortable (even without the leather interior) and acceptably fast. It may not have much acceleration, even after I had the injectors cleaned, and put new oil (with a hi-po oil filter) in it. This car really is reliable, after 122k miles it's still running strong, and smoothly, although the tranny doesn't seem to cater to those with a need for acceleration. The car is big too, but doesn't feel all that big. I have carried three (full)computers, and three people in the car before, with room to spare.