Used 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

T Bird 5.0
By David B

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

had a while travelled from canada to Fl,rear wheel drive in snow in this car is sweaty palms stuff.At @75k had to replace almost everything but the steering wheel,but I still like the car,and lets be fair, most domestics fair the same.

Favorite Features

Great long distance highway cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

brakes suck,go for 94 or later,thse have abs and reg seat belts, not the mad mouse on my 93.lights are VERY expensive.

380K on 5.0 V8
By TBird Lover

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have a '93 T-Bird LX (was there any other trim level?) with a 5.0 V-8. This engine is unbelievable. The car now has over 380K miles on the original engine. Have only done oil, filters, plugs, wires and the engine is as strong as ever. Doesn't like anything less than 91 Octane.. unfortunately. I have replaced brake pads probably every 30K and rotors every 60K. Rear brakes have faired better. Replaced the transmission (at 120k) and rear main seal (at 250K). Has always had electrical system gremlins. The interior is falling apart and the body is showing signs of 10 NE winters. This engine is incredible.

Favorite Features

Power and Handling are superb.

Suggested Improvements

While I haven't driven a new bird, I wish they still made these.

ONE OF THE BEST
By G-MAN

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT FORD DOES NOT MAKE A CAR LIKE THIS ONE ANYMORE. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS WITH THE BRAKES, ROTORS GO OUT OF ROUND AFTER 15000- 20000.

Favorite Features

GREAT LOOKING, AND FAST WITH V-8

Suggested Improvements

BRAKES

A Good First Car
By Robyn_Marie

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my T-Bird from a friend who really screwed me on this car. It needed new ball joints and control arms in the front end($700)Then the brakes totally went out, complete brake job ($500)needs an alternator and new tie rods another $4-500. This is a good car if you have the money to fix it when something goes wrong with no warning. It is also sporty and reliable. Fords are really an expensive car to own they have transmission problems as well as the starters. Mine has 127,000 miles but I've had it less than 6 months and just look at everything thats been fixed already. Just be picky when buying a ford and you'll be better off buying from a dealership.

Favorite Features

I like the automatic climate control, rear-wheel drive, heats up fast, power everything, all conntrols are in easy reach

Suggested Improvements

Could get better gas mileage, spoilers should be standard, better sound system

Fun Car
By GIB

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car only because it was cheap and I needed a transport. Having owned a few muscle cars, I didn't expect much. I was wrong. The 5.0 had more power than I expected and I've had a lot of fun driving. It's a great mix of power and luxury.

Favorite Features

Most comfortable sport car I've been in.

Suggested Improvements

Make the intake gasket a little easier to replace, open up the exaust a bit and a turbocharger or two wouldn't hurt.