1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
T Bird 5.0
By David B on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

had a while travelled from canada to Fl,rear wheel drive in snow in this car is sweaty palms stuff.At @75k had to replace almost everything but the steering wheel,but I still like the car,and lets be fair, most domestics fair the same.

380K on 5.0 V8
By TBird Lover on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have a '93 T-Bird LX (was there any other trim level?) with a 5.0 V-8. This engine is unbelievable. The car now has over 380K miles on the original engine. Have only done oil, filters, plugs, wires and the engine is as strong as ever. Doesn't like anything less than 91 Octane.. unfortunately. I have replaced brake pads probably every 30K and rotors every 60K. Rear brakes have faired better. Replaced the transmission (at 120k) and rear main seal (at 250K). Has always had electrical system gremlins. The interior is falling apart and the body is showing signs of 10 NE winters. This engine is incredible.

ONE OF THE BEST
By G-MAN on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT FORD DOES NOT MAKE A CAR LIKE THIS ONE ANYMORE. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS WITH THE BRAKES, ROTORS GO OUT OF ROUND AFTER 15000- 20000.

A Good First Car
By Robyn_Marie on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my T-Bird from a friend who really screwed me on this car. It needed new ball joints and control arms in the front end($700)Then the brakes totally went out, complete brake job ($500)needs an alternator and new tie rods another $4-500. This is a good car if you have the money to fix it when something goes wrong with no warning. It is also sporty and reliable. Fords are really an expensive car to own they have transmission problems as well as the starters. Mine has 127,000 miles but I've had it less than 6 months and just look at everything thats been fixed already. Just be picky when buying a ford and you'll be better off buying from a dealership.

Fun Car
By GIB on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car only because it was cheap and I needed a transport. Having owned a few muscle cars, I didn't expect much. I was wrong. The 5.0 had more power than I expected and I've had a lot of fun driving. It's a great mix of power and luxury.

my car
By musket on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

this car has been a very good transportation vehicle, very good road handling characteristics, only drawback is no cupholders

HEAD GASKETS!!!!!!!!
By hooknose on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

These cars blow headgaskets!!I wish I knew they blew ON ALL before I bought it.I didn't even have plates on it and the head gasket blew.Check engine light comes on at random, sometimes will go months in between occurences. I will be driving along, all of a sudden it starts hesitating and the check engine light comes on then goes right back off.I drive for a few more minutes and it works fine. Then stop at a traffic light and it runs fine then all of a sudden just stalls no hesitation no drop in rpm just bang its off. It takes water at random.In short, DO NOT BUY THE 3.8L V6!!!!! Seems as if the V8 is okay though, from what I've heard and read.

Love This Car
By V8 t bird on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love this car.I have owned this car sence 1997 with 47000 miles on it.I have the 5.0 V8 and Enjoy driving this car tremindously. Small problems here and there, until recantly nothing major. The heater core and transmisson just went and I like the car enough to put $2000 into it.

My first car
By Jeremy Cassell on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I'm 16 and bought this car from a friend w/ 156,000 miles on it. So far i've need to replace the headlight switch $150 (there has been a recall...i didn't find out until after i paid though), 1 tail light for like $225 (crazy!), muffler $150 (flowmaster baby!!!) and all this just to pass inspection. Well, it was well worth the investment. It rides great, feels great, and i'm very happy w/ it. I have had no other problems with it at all.

93 Thunderbird V-6
By The Phoenix on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

In the 30 months that I have had this car, I have changed one power window motor. Asides from that this 10 year old baby has not required any attention. The factory paint has held up to our Florida sun and the interior has done the same with out tints. It is fun to drive in the sense of it's handling. I would have given a higher fun rating had the V-6 had some more power. The fuel economy is pretty good for a car that size. Sadly someone ran a stop sign and the ins. company is declaring it a total loss. Still it is a very solid car. The ins. company says it has frame damage but when I drove over the weekend it drove straight. I'll miss this car very much.