1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
An oldie but goodie
By Doug T. on 09/09/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car 2nd hand at a used car lot in Pa.($5,000} Made it safe to drive ($2500) and redid all the suspension ($1700). now its all restored it runs great and slightly oversize tires give it a mean look. Its a roomy midsize with the 3.8 v8 gives me 25mpg on the hwy. I work on it as it needs it. I Love My T-Bird.

Best Car Ever
By Denise on 10/25/08 23:14 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

Because I was a Bill Elliott fan, all I wanted was a bright red Thunderbird. When I saw this car, it was love at first sight. I am still driving it after 16 years. It still is a great handling car. My T-Bird still looks great and gets good gas mileage. Ford would recover faster if it starting building cars like this again.

buy a T-bird!
By imacountrygirl on 04/04/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 and have had minor problems. I've replaced the alternator, brake pads/shoes, battery, and tires. The rear axle has a slight leak. The car needs antifreeze filled every few months. I want to install new headlights because mine are very yellow. Also changed transmission fluid last summer. All warning lights work!

Wasted $3000
By Joan1805 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I drove it for 1.5 years. Now it is dead. - transmission ($1000?) - antifreeze gets into engine and exhaust($1000?) - catalytic converter broke and makes an awful noise (buzz), ($260?) - starter was replaced ($90) - alternator was replaced ($300?) - battery was replaced - blinker lights are burnt. - interior: ceiling is decomposing and dropping something black onto seats, door handle has come off, power windows don't open, cracks on the dash board from the sun, all plastic parts are barely hanging, glove compartment is not closing or locking anymore. -exterior: paint came off on the roof. I am amazed. The car seemed to be so good when I bought it. :(

Fantastic car
By Marimom on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1992 Ford Thunderbird in 1994 and I am still driving it today. Aside from the regular maintenance on the car, I have only had brake work done once and a starter put in. I have never been stranded any where because something went wrong. This car has been a god send!!!

92 Tbird
By jcp on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

The car has been a good reliable car. The std. V6 is good on gas and has reasonable performance. The exterior has remained in excellent condition. After 180,000 miles, I have had to have the head gaskets replaced at 140k miles, the front bumper repainted, and the driver seat belt fixed.

I love this car
By Jeremiah Tadpole on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has been the best car I have ever owned