1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
An oldie but goodie
By Doug T. on 09/09/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car 2nd hand at a used car lot in Pa.($5,000} Made it safe to drive ($2500) and redid all the suspension ($1700). now its all restored it runs great and slightly oversize tires give it a mean look. Its a roomy midsize with the 3.8 v8 gives me 25mpg on the hwy. I work on it as it needs it. I Love My T-Bird.

Best Car Ever
By Denise on 10/25/08 23:14 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

Because I was a Bill Elliott fan, all I wanted was a bright red Thunderbird. When I saw this car, it was love at first sight. I am still driving it after 16 years. It still is a great handling car. My T-Bird still looks great and gets good gas mileage. Ford would recover faster if it starting building cars like this again.

1992 LX 5.0 HO
By SCOTTY on 01/03/07 04:44 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I am the 2nd owner of this car,and I am very happy with it. It had 306,000 miles on it when I bought it; now has 348,000 miles, and can still roast the tires. I have had no major problems with this car. Still rides smooth. I put in a blue oval chip [computer] and a larger MAF, and the car accelerates even better. I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can. And I get 18-22 in city, 25-30 hwy, depending how much pedal I put into it. I plan on a few more upgrades for this car. I can't believe the mileage on this car and the way it runs. I almost believe I can double the mileage [if I live that long]. The original owner had all the maintenance done on time. I am keeping up the tradition.

THE SPO
By 92tbirdspo on 05/22/06 22:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

This car has been in my family since it was bought from the dealership. My Dad gave me the car in 2001. The car has lasted a long time.

Low mileage driver review
By ron on 04/13/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

We bought the car because all our friends had new cars. The first thing we noticed was the effectiveness of the air conditioning, the smoothness of the ride and how well it cornered. We kept it in the garage mostly and we never had a hard time starting it. In fact, it would start without even pushing on the gas pedal. Compared to our 1983 Mustang, it was like driving a Cadillac. We always had problems with the Mustang trying to get it started. Not the Thunderbird. We'll miss it, but it's no longer appropriate for us to drive anymore. The interior looks the same as it did in 1992. No one's ever smoked in the car either.

buy a T-bird!
By imacountrygirl on 04/04/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 and have had minor problems. I've replaced the alternator, brake pads/shoes, battery, and tires. The rear axle has a slight leak. The car needs antifreeze filled every few months. I want to install new headlights because mine are very yellow. Also changed transmission fluid last summer. All warning lights work!

Spectacular, sorta...
By D on 12/10/04 12:57 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

As for someone who drives like I do (often driving quickly because my punctuality is less than impeccable), this car is atrocious. As plagues most older Ford vehicles, maintenance is terribly expensive. The gas mileage is rough, and the car holds about 26-30 gallons. However, the handling on this vehicle, despite its 12+ years of age, is still smoother than almost any car I've ever driven. It corners so easily and switching lanes, even at highway speeds is effortless. Despite the lack of leather seats, the car is very comfortable, and it would be excellent for longer road trips, if I wasn't scared of loosing parts as I drove.

One awesome car
By Bad Bird on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe Sport 2dr Coupe

The only problems that I have had with this car are regular maintenance issues, ie: O2 sensors, plugs etc.

Wasted $3000
By Joan1805 on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe 2dr Coupe

I drove it for 1.5 years. Now it is dead. - transmission ($1000?) - antifreeze gets into engine and exhaust($1000?) - catalytic converter broke and makes an awful noise (buzz), ($260?) - starter was replaced ($90) - alternator was replaced ($300?) - battery was replaced - blinker lights are burnt. - interior: ceiling is decomposing and dropping something black onto seats, door handle has come off, power windows don't open, cracks on the dash board from the sun, all plastic parts are barely hanging, glove compartment is not closing or locking anymore. -exterior: paint came off on the roof. I am amazed. The car seemed to be so good when I bought it. :(

A VERY GOOD CAR FOR $1500 BUCKS!!
By 1992LX on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

1500 Bucks & only 98000 miles, the car has ok acceleration for a 3.8L(232ci) V6. Handling excellence, interior is excellent. It's just a good car.