1992 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
THE SPO
By 92tbirdspo on 05/22/06 22:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Sport 2dr Coupe

This car has been in my family since it was bought from the dealership. My Dad gave me the car in 2001. The car has lasted a long time.

Spectacular, sorta...
By D on 12/10/04 12:57 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Sport 2dr Coupe

As for someone who drives like I do (often driving quickly because my punctuality is less than impeccable), this car is atrocious. As plagues most older Ford vehicles, maintenance is terribly expensive. The gas mileage is rough, and the car holds about 26-30 gallons. However, the handling on this vehicle, despite its 12+ years of age, is still smoother than almost any car I've ever driven. It corners so easily and switching lanes, even at highway speeds is effortless. Despite the lack of leather seats, the car is very comfortable, and it would be excellent for longer road trips, if I wasn't scared of loosing parts as I drove.

One awesome car
By Bad Bird on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Sport 2dr Coupe

The only problems that I have had with this car are regular maintenance issues, ie: O2 sensors, plugs etc.

Love my Tbird
By alzimmerman on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Sport 2dr Coupe

My dad convinced me to buy this car while I was in college and it has long outlasted those days! It is fun to drive and generally a very reliable car. I just bought a BMW convertible, but still put most of my miles on "the bird" as the car is affectionately named.

whats not to love about it
By tom aka. littler man on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Thunderbird Sport 2dr Coupe

i bought the car sometime in may of 97 and its been a great car. except gor the fet times its been in the shop for body dammage its been great,. have had exhaust prolbems.