Used 1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC

SC 3.8L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

Amazing vehicle
By Pat S

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Thunderbird SuperCoupe for 6 years so far. I am the second owner, and purchased the car from the original owner who meticulously maintained and cared for this Arizona car. When he moved the Pacific Northwest he garaged the car in an spotlessly clean heated garage. I have enjoyed driving this car on numerous road trips. The economy is between 17.5 mpg city with 29.3 highway while producing ample torque and power to set you back in your seat during heavy acceleration. The electronic suspension has a good command of the road especially at high speeds. This car easily handles high speeds with great performance. Again an amazing car to own and drive.

Favorite Features

The car is very well designed. My favorite feature is the engine and power that the car has with the reasonable fuel economy the car is able to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

Start manufacturing the car again.

the best car
By nick austin

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

its my second car and i love it!

This is a Great Car
By Brandon

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

This car is the most "fun to drive" car I have ever owned. It has the power when you need it and the comfort when you have a long road ahead. It is an all around great car!

Favorite Features

The Supercharger, and the interior comfort

Suggested Improvements

Should of had a V8 Version!

Unreliable but Fun to Drive
By TbirdSC

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I ordered the my T-bird SC new. So far it's been the most enjoyable car I've driven. It has a unique blend of performance and comfort. The vehicle is roomy and rides well. It handles like a much smaller car. It's a cross between a luxury car and muscle car. Unfortuantely I've had numerous problems with the vehicle from the very first week. This resulted in an alarming 90+ service invoices over 10yrs for problems outside of regular maintenance. The vehicle remains a very enjoyable and fun car to drive. Although the reliability has left me with a somewhat tarnished image of this product.

Favorite Features

The Supercharged V6 pulls like bull. It has the power of a muscle car with the comfort of a luxury vehicle. There is so much thrust on tap, the transmission rarely has to shift, even when passing.

Suggested Improvements

Quality is a mixed bag, the varies between being modernately acceptable to dismal. This car needs to be put on a diet. At nearly two tons it is one of the heaviest coupes and feels like it. Traction control or AWD would really help.

my t-bird
By Deven Olsen

1991 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

this car has alot of work done to it. it had a new starter, alternator, battery, transmission, rear axle, and some more. it is in the shop for a mew tire now. i hade baught the car at 25,000 kms (19,250mi.) and now it has 45,000 kms (34,615mi.) i have did the rocker panels when i baught it. it is a really nice car!!

Favorite Features

loaded w/pseats, Am/fm/cassette/stereo system

Suggested Improvements

stay away from black int; it attracts the sun and it gets really hot inside.