1990 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: Looks like a beater ... runs l

1990 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Looks like a beater ... runs like a champ!
By psychoticdark on

1990 Ford Thunderbird 2dr Coupe

In 08/2005, my boyfriend bought me the T-Bird. There was a lot of rust on it, and I was skeptical about it. The first time we drove it, there were no brakes. It needed a new master cylinder, both rear wheel cylinders needed replacing, also a new alternator. The previous owners really did not keep up on the car. Once we did all that, it ran GREAT! Someone smashed the passenger side window, then we failed inspection to a broken coil spring, so we put new struts on it and gave it 4 beautiful new tires, and it drove like new. My boyfriend then drove it into a tree stump, and even after the repairs for that, it runs like new and drives great. It has 136,000 miles on it and you'd never know it!

Power seats. I love the ash tray - I think it's cute ... I just love the way it looks. The emblems give it a great look.

CUP HOLDERS! Better clear coat job (90's T-birds are known for losing clear coat), T-bird emblems lighting up with headlights/brake lights, exterior frame stability, power locks, locking center console, rpm gauge on the dash.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review