1990 Ford Thunderbird SC - Consumer Reviews

SC 3.8L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
One of the best I ever had
By Big Dog on 12/23/09 14:25 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I''ve had several Fords and two T- Bird. My first was an `85 that lost an argument with a snow plow. I ordered a bright red 1989, but it came it was white; I said I'd take it only if they painted it red. They refused but ordered it again; I received it as a 1990. I wasn't disappointed. Great looking, great handling (smaller turning radius than my wife's Subaru). Living in Chicago and New York I mainly drove my T-Bird long distances, and they were dream drives. I once rented a non-SC for 3 weeks while shooting a Rte. 66 documentary. It was good, but my SC was far better. Wish I had it now, but times changed and I aged, so I donated it to charity.

Birds Fly!
By Franky_402 on 03/12/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car on my birthday, and the five speed is awesome. I have killed many a Mustang in this car. It was very advanced for its age, and well thought out! Some people complain about the head gaskets. I would rather replace those than the whole engine block! Moonroof, cd player, power everything, ke, auto belts, very smooth ride and turning!

Old Faithful looking a little worn
By A-in-CT on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car since 1991. Drove in in hard winters--repainted it once and got a new bumpter. The only thing that went wrong in 13yrs was an alternator, an oil leak and cosmetic stuff. The engine runs terrific--- still can go 100 up a big hill with no issue :) These are great and fun cars-- if you are ever thinking of buying one. Its just kind of sad this car is considered "old"..I remember when I first drove it up to work and it turned peoples heads...now people look at it and turn their head (hahah)

Thunderbird sc
By turbospeed on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

great car , it will be perfect if ford didnt cut the cost so much visit www.sccoa.com for more info

my car
By cindy on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

bought this car at an auction,very reliable and fun to drive,easy on gas and low maintaince....few problems overall but low cost in servicing..

tbirds kick ass, i have a 1988 tc also
By jason stevenson on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

i love tbirds, they are the best car i have even drove/seen

Great car
By gts on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best auto I have ever owned. I have 155,000 on it. Wish I could buy another

Fabulous Thunderbird
By BG316 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC SC 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. Would buy brand new one if they still made 'em like this. Only problem is valve cover gaskets give out easily. 140,500 on my supercharged T- Bird and it's been from one end of the country to the other. Still a daily driver.