1990 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
1990 T-Bird
By KPtoledo on 06/01/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This car has been in the family since 1991. My mother originally bought the car and racked the mileage up to 101,000 on the 3.8. Since then I have brought it up to 176,544. Reliable? Yes for the most part. I blew the head gaskets once while being a "kid", and this was at 105,000. At the time of rebuild, all items were replaced; water pump, starter, etc. The transmission has held up great and never slipped. The suspension hasn't seemed to hold up to much. This month marks the 3rd time all front end suspension parts will have been replaced. Rust? Lots of it. The rocker panels are well known for it. I had the rust removed and sheet metal welded in, but that only lasted a year.

'89 T-Bird
By Nkenshalo on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

GOOD CAR it has a powerful engine with good performance good style, the same frame as the '97 and overall it has everything you would want in a car today, the only car in 1989 to have rear independant suspension might i add!!

My Bird
By Tyler Bragg on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I like my bird. My friends like driving it too. They also like to break my bird. We go off-roading in my bird. We broke the motor mounts. My other friend spins cookies in the school parking lot. It is a good car.

the bird
By milkbonez03 on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

this car has been in my family for almost 12 years now, Ive enjoyed it alot. the interior is the ergonomically sound setup I have ever seen and the car still has the same might it had the day it rolled off the showroom floor. nice car, head gaskets problems to watch out for however.