Used 1990 Ford Thunderbird LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Most Helpful|
My Bird
By Tyler Bragg

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I like my bird. My friends like driving it too. They also like to break my bird. We go off-roading in my bird. We broke the motor mounts. My other friend spins cookies in the school parking lot. It is a good car.

Favorite Features

Power, cookie spinning abilities, off- road capabilities

Suggested Improvements

higher ground clearance, 4 wheel drive, skid plates, winch, stronger motor mounts, 460 engines standard, 33 inch tires.

'89 T-Bird
By Nkenshalo

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

GOOD CAR it has a powerful engine with good performance good style, the same frame as the '97 and overall it has everything you would want in a car today, the only car in 1989 to have rear independant suspension might i add!!

Favorite Features

215 lbs of torque baby oh yeah, and 315 with the supercharger. in other words you move fast. auto seats, auto mirror, auto windows locks truck pop , keyless access, power steering, power antannea, component stock stereo, although i took most off it out anyways.

Suggested Improvements

If i was to improve anything it would be the gas mileage, i would have got the supercharged one to although this one is pretty fast. I would have more front leg room too.

the bird
By milkbonez03

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

this car has been in my family for almost 12 years now, Ive enjoyed it alot. the interior is the ergonomically sound setup I have ever seen and the car still has the same might it had the day it rolled off the showroom floor. nice car, head gaskets problems to watch out for however.

Favorite Features

the cars interior is just gorgeous. Everything is very nicely located and well in drivers reach.

Suggested Improvements

the head gasket problem is a obvivous one, also the headlights tend to focus downwards rather then centered in the drivers field of view.

1990 T-Bird
By KPtoledo

1990 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This car has been in the family since 1991. My mother originally bought the car and racked the mileage up to 101,000 on the 3.8. Since then I have brought it up to 176,544. Reliable? Yes for the most part. I blew the head gaskets once while being a "kid", and this was at 105,000. At the time of rebuild, all items were replaced; water pump, starter, etc. The transmission has held up great and never slipped. The suspension hasn't seemed to hold up to much. This month marks the 3rd time all front end suspension parts will have been replaced. Rust? Lots of it. The rocker panels are well known for it. I had the rust removed and sheet metal welded in, but that only lasted a year.