1994 Ford Tempo Consumer Review: Not Bad

1994 Ford Tempo - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not Bad
By KK on

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I am now on my second Tempo. My first one was a 1992 which I found to be a better car and it did not have those annoying automatic seatbelts. I bought this car in 2005 with only 23K miles on it (it now has 78K) but it did have some "issues" I have replaced the starter, fuel pump, distributor, wiring, some kinda thing in the front end that holds the motor in, brakes, and likely other stuff I have forgotten. Still all in all it's fairly cheap transportation, it starts good and is quite comfortable to drive. I've done Califoria to Canada in it 6 times. It does tend to have an overheating problem and I'm not sure why but I still like the car and enjoy driving it. Would I get Tempo #3, not likely.

Trunk space, good headroom and leg room. Not too ugly to look at and so far quite cheap to fix.

Seat belts freak out my passengers. Drink holder is under the dash not good for tall cups.