1994 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
I HATE THIS CAR
By fed-up on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

this car has been in the shop more times than i can count. a very slight rear-end incident left the bumper cracked and scratched. it takes me at least 3 tries to start it every morning.

It Sucks
By pilotgirl21 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

Problems, problems, problems...had the transmission replaced right when the car was purchased used around 60,000 miles and same problem has come up again at 123,000 miles. Tie rods have been replaced many many times. Engine races in idle. Won't start when it's cold outside. Takes 3 or 4 times to start the car on a regular day. Don't purchace!!!

Ugh.
By Elizabeth Z. on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

So far I've had to get the brakes done twice, a new clutch, tie rods, struts, and wheel bearings. And it STILL has front end problems! The engine rattles and the heater is lukewarm. The horn only works if you turn the wheel about 90 degrees to the left. The headlights are dim. It's uncomfortable-very little legroom & no tilt wheel so you have to squeeze yourself into it. And the cupholder's under the dash console & behind the gear shift. It handles like a snowplow and is scary to drive in the winter (if it starts). I hate this car.

Tempo -rary
By originalowner on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

Over 100k, this has been a fairly reliable, american car. My list: partial tranny $700 80K brakes 40,90 window lifters 6 of them (that sucked) tie rod, susp $400 70 starter $125 100 radiator pending a/c small fix thing Anyone who rips the Tempo probably is expecting too much from life. Anyone who praises the Tempo too much is delusional. I agree with the review that called this a good cheap car. Good for your High School kid to ruin.

1994 Ford Tempo
By Jadecage on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

Nine years is the longest I've ever owned a car and my Tempo never let me down in all that time; however the cost of repairs recently has made me decide that I didn't want to go through another Michigan winter with it. It was time for a new car so I'm donating it to charity where I hope someone else can make good use of the life that's left in it. I'll be saying my goodbyes to it tomorrow so I'm feeling particularly sentimental right now. Emotions aside, I've always had reliable cars with Ford and my Tempo lasted the longest and gave me many great times across long distances. I'm going to miss it very much.

my tempo sucks
By Pudge on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

THe first thing ford should have done is put a 4-speed automatic in the car. The car sucks on the highway and it sucks for passing people. Interior is ugly and uncomfortable. extierior is a cheap ripp off of the mustang (front end) Not the best car in my book.

She'll never die!!!
By Beast on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Slow on take off.

Lemonaide anyone?
By NowHateFords on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

At 135,000 miles, the transmission is now shot, had the calipers stick (replaced rotors, calipers, and obviously bought new pads). Tie rod were replaced (all 4, just like my previous car--Taurus), a harmonic balancer, and a new tensioner arm. Did I mention the oil leak from the seals?

Tempo kicks a$$!
By Neg_Pol on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

My Tempo is the best cheap car I've ever driven! It's comfortable, it looks nice (at least mine does), and it hardly ever breaks. It has bad pickup, but that can be fixed. And it's great for new drivers cause for the very same reason.

Great little car
By Juggles on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I am a low milaeage driver in New York City. This is a great dependable car, that fits easily into parking spots. This car has never given me any trouble, have only had regular maintainence repairs.