1993 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
Won't Stop Running
By MPJM on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I really like the car. It has a lot of get up and go still left in it. I really having V6 engine and I like having the 5-speed manual. The engine has never ever broken down on the first owners or on me. The only thing that is wrong with the car is that the right- rear door's lock will not come up and the window motor died. And I only have one power door lock left. The A/C is ice cold. Very good car to drive and reliable car.

Good first car
By CAC on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and it was my first car. It looked nice and handled well. About 3 years ago, the clear coating over the paint started to peel away and now the car looks horrible. I've noticed that many other Fords have the same problem. I contacted Ford but they deny any problems with the paint. The car was working well for me until about 3 years ago. Now, on an annual basis I'm putting about $1,500 and I think it's time to look for a new vehicle...it is 11 years old after all. It's been generally reliable but I don't trust it on the interstate...sounds like a sick dog once I take it over 55 MPH.

Lookin To Improve
By The car named Ned on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

I am a high school student and this car has always worked for me until about 150,000 miles...which is a lot. Now the car seems to have expired or something. One of the front ball joints needs replaced and the rear strut mounts have both broken in half....Hence the loud banging noises. Yet "Ned" still gets me where I am going. Now I am looking for something a bit more reliable as I start to travel more.

Cheap and furious
By Vanda on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

This is a nice car. I really drive a lot and it never failed me. The only reason for me to buy a new one is that I want a more safe car.

1993 Ford Tempo Gl automatic 103K
By Libby Strickland on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

This car is of poor quality. The parts wear out quickly and are not durable. I cannot wait to get another car. I would only get another Ford if it was brand new or relatively new.

Dead at 122k
By msuennen on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

Although I have tried to maintain this vehicle as directed, it has cost $1500 to $3000 each year I have owned it in repairs. And now it is dead for good. Good riddance to the Tempo.

Great car for the money
By carmaster411 on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for $250 and only needed to replace the starter selenoid and fix the door hinges.

Great Car
By kla on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over 10 years, and it's been a great car. Very reliable - nothing major has gone wrong with it.

great car
By dudeman on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

i have had very few problems all of which were minor very reliable car the gas mileage is OK but could be better minor corrosion problems

Remember the song "Ode to My Car"...
By Niqo on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

Don't get one of these. You will end up spending all your money on repairing it every other month. Everytime you get something fixed, something else breaks. It's not worth it. It's not a good car.