Used 1993 Ford Tempo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

Love my Tempos
By rokey

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 2 yrs ago...the engine had blown on my van ... got the car for $600.00 it has 57,000 miles on the engine (verified by a couple of mechanics)...the whole car is immaculate ... came to visit my sis a few thousand miles away & am staying a lil longer than anticipated so decided to check craigslist for a car and found another 1993 Tempo for $400.00 in September '12 and I kid you not, same story, immaculate...God was lookin out for me! anyhow, both cars are, well unbelievable inside & out.....no engine knocks, don't use oil, bodies are in good shape...economical on gas ...I highly recommend this car! Mine are automatic transmission

Favorite Features

the one has a cd player :)

1993 GL V6 Tempo
By D. Goodrode

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got it with 86k on it, needed complete tune-up, 3.0 V6 is great, trans has no O.D. or lock up converter, but shifts great, (shades of the 1960's), put 10% over size tires on front, get 22 to 26 MPG average, everything works on the car, 42 Degree A/C on 95 Degree days, change oil with 15w40 Diesel oil every 4k miles, runs like a Swiss watch, no oil leaks, usual maintenance items, car now has 102k on it, good riding car, kind of boring to drive, but so far very very reliable, good daily driver, what more could you want for $900.00? Looking for a reason to get a newer car but the darn thing just won't give me a reason to retire it!

Favorite Features

Interior fairly roomy, radio w/tape player still sounds good, seats not to bad, for what it is it's great!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs overdrive gear and a lock up torque converter, for crying out loud Ford, this was 1993 not 1963.

Buy A FORD
By M. Horsey

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Ford Tempo for us was an excellent choice. Still in wonderful condition, not a spec of rust. Rarely repaired - (no majors!)oil/filter every 3 months/ new brakes/ tires, that is basically it. Drives and runs like a gem! We also currently, own (bought new) a 2000 FORD TAURUS wagon, again more than pleased. We have had FORDs - always bought new, since 1966.

Favorite Features

Easy driving!

Suggested Improvements

None

It is a good first car
By Jess

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car for myself for by birthday two years ago for $500, it had over 144k miles on it, now it has 156k. The top gloss paint has since worn off and I have spent over $1500 on it to fix all the problems like the brake lines, starter, battery, e-brake cable, and exhaust system twice. The window in the back no longer works, and one of the power locks doesn't work. The liner in the trunk is no longer attached, there is a lot of rust. But it is good on gas and gets me where I need to be, although at 55 mph it gets the shakes, not good in the winter, it gets stuck a lot. But it has been Nice while I've had it.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room in the back seat

Suggested Improvements

Could have better interior fabric, they get dirty really easy.

tempo from hell
By striker5799

1993 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i rather like the tempo. it has started to break down on me though, it only has 55k on it. but i put it through alot. i put a custom air intake in it though. it actually made it feel like it had more power. it also has an awesome sound system with a sony xplod stereo, 4 aftermarket speakers, and two 12 inch subs in the trunk. my oil pan gasket is bad and causing tranny fluid to slightly leak through so i had to keep adding more though. and it vibrates alot over 60 mph. also alot of screws have worked their way out of their holes, mostly due to vibrations from my sound system. i dont think it'l last me much longer though

Favorite Features

automatic seatbelts, power door locks, reliable engine

Suggested Improvements

more power