1993 Ford Tempo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

GL 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )
keeps on chugging
By dumbo on 09/20/05 23:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

198m000 miles with no major repairs; what more do I need to say. I want a new car but how can you give up on the "humbler" (that's what we call it because it's a humbling experience to drive the "humbler").

Lookin To Improve
By The car named Ned on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

I am a high school student and this car has always worked for me until about 150,000 miles...which is a lot. Now the car seems to have expired or something. One of the front ball joints needs replaced and the rear strut mounts have both broken in half....Hence the loud banging noises. Yet "Ned" still gets me where I am going. Now I am looking for something a bit more reliable as I start to travel more.

Great car for the money
By carmaster411 on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for $250 and only needed to replace the starter selenoid and fix the door hinges.

Great Car
By kla on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over 10 years, and it's been a great car. Very reliable - nothing major has gone wrong with it.

okay if you're broke
By chantelle on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

not exactly the safest, most reliable or fun to drive car. expect to replace a lot of parts, and don't ever rear end someone faster than 10 mph because your whole bumper will shatter and fall off.