1992 Ford Tempo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
tempo 92
By My tempo on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Decent car for the price. the V6 option is a must and truely brings the car to life. Power everything gives it the luxury. 177K miles and going

It likes lots of attention.....
By Tempo Owner on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I've had the radiator hoses blow on me twice, the air conditioning has been repaired, the brakes have had work. only two of the four power door locks work, the trunk spring doesn't hold up the trunk, the heater core was just replaced as it was filling the passenger side floor full of antifreeze, oh and the cruise control went two weeks ago. The engine just goes and goes though and it has only stranded me once when the radiator hose blew (I was able to repair that myself) I bought it for 750 and I've put about that much into it in repairs in a year. I think that the next time it screams for attention I'll send it to the bone yard instead.

Everything breaks but it keeps on going!
By 6 yr Tempo on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car back in Spring 1997, at the time the car had only 26,000 miles. Since then I have had no major problems with the vehicle. I put over 100,000 miles on this car in a 5 year period. What has gone wrong is the AC has been out for 3 years, 2 alternators, 2 starters, engine mounts don't seem to last (2 are broken now), the front struts are bad, the interior leaks in several places, the rear defroster has about 3lines still working, and finally the power mirrors never have worked. Besides these things, the I feel the engine can reach 200,000 miles. I just took it on a 1800 mile trip and it performed just fine!

4 months... and $1,000+ later
By Chris Goodrich on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 months ago. Since then, I had to put a starter in, brakes (2 times), head gasket, the transmission is slipping BAD (have NOT replaced it), 4 new tires, an alignment/balance, cadalitic converter (ignore my spelling please), power steering AND the power steering AND oil leaks, STILL, plus I just found out that the motor is only running on 1 cylinder (instead of 4). I won't be replaceing the motor. The car stalls out if I am not hitting the gas ALL THE TIME, it smokes from the moment I start the car till I turn it off (but is not overheating), AND everything possible is leaking. What a waste of money!

Great Car
By psy on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Car is very reliable, runs great,with great fuel milage. the ride is comfortable and the interior is comfortable and pleasing. it rides very smoothly, and anyone can handle it

Avoid this car at all cost!
By chris schath on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my aunt for $500 dollars, it was in exceptional condition inside and out, and it was the worst purchase I ever made. The Tempo left me high and dry many a time with such repairs and replacements in it's relatively short existence as; Head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, the entire ignition system(Starter, sylenoid, battery) TWICE, water pump, radiator, fan(twice) thermostat(twice) temp sensor, brakes(3 times), The harmonic balancer(which requires the removal of the engine) TWICE,the lens on my turn signal fell off and I glued it back on, then I said "to hell with this" when the tranny started shimmying and sold it.:)

"Great car for the money"
By carloshoropeza on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for over a year and it has been a very good experience,very reliable and always i feel i can count on it. The A.C. runs perfect! i feel col right away when i star the car.Just very pleased that i purchased.

College Graduate Student
By John Allen Doe on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is a very good reliable car for the car mileage it gets and interior design. A good car to drive.