Used 1992 Ford Tempo LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

Impressive car.
By John

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for years, and I seriously cannot fault it for it's service despite my constant abuse. The one item that has been troublesome is the 3-speed automatic transmission, but I love the car so much despite it that I am planning to swap it out for a manual trans as soon as I can. I love the car so much that I just bought a '91 Tempo GLS 4cyl/5-speed to drive until I can swap a manual into the LX. I've taken about 20 cross- country trips in the LX, it never let me down. Despite the 3-speed/V6 combo, it gets respectable MPG as well. It currently has just under 200K on it.

3.0L V6 engine provides loads of torque. I have embarrassed far "sportier" cars. It's quiet and smooth when driven easy. Several people have remarked about how the car changed their impressions of the Ford Tempo in general.

Nobody is going to go back and improve a 20 year old car, but I'd have to say that without the 3-speed auto, it would be just about perfect. I'd also prefer a million-mile odometer so I could prove how many miles the car actually has, because to hear it run, you wouldn't believe it has 200K.

Great Car
By psy

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Car is very reliable, runs great,with great fuel milage. the ride is comfortable and the interior is comfortable and pleasing. it rides very smoothly, and anyone can handle it