1992 Ford Tempo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
Like A Timex, She Can Take A Licking & She Keeps On Ticking!
By jonshan on 08/11/14 23:51 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

1st Tempo & She Is Awesome, Bought This Tempo As A 2nd Car To My Mercedes Benz S 420 & I Love The Tempo Its Reliable, Cost Efficient & Built like A Tank, 1 Of The Major Factors In Buying This Tempo Was That I Owned Her Sister, 1991 Mercury Topaz & I Rolled This Topaz Down A Mountain God Knows How Many Rolls To The Bottom But I Can Tell You There Was A lot Of Extensions Added To The Tow Trucks Winch To Get her Back Up On The Road & There Was Very Minimal Damage To That Topaz, Reset The Fuel Switch & She Started Right Up & Drove Her Around For 6+ Months Like That & Then She Got T-Boned On The (L) Side At about 80MPH & Was Still Able To Drive & no Injury To Me Either Time, Invincible Safe Cars.

Excellent car
By mary b on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Can't believe the engine still purrs. Doesn't use oil. Very cheap to fix. The front wheel bearing just went out but would love to fix. Hate to give it up yet very dependable.

small comfortable smooth riding car
By shawn on 02/10/10 19:07 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car seems to a Nice small but comfortable car it rides smooth I just bought it last week from a individual person for $300 I think I got a great! Deal the body is in great condition and the interior is also in great condition I just dont like the fact there is no cup holders in this car and it has only 3 out of 4 cylinders working which makes it stall sometimes gas mileage is just ok! It goes like 20 to 25 mpg city type driving but I think it should go like at least 30 miles a gallon for a 4 cylinder the engine only has 82,000 plus miles on it and its quiet no engine or transmission problems so far and the heater is great!

Good
By Walkthelin3 on 08/27/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a friend in November for 250 dollars. It was in pretty good condition and had 132,000 miles it is now August and I have 160,000 miles. Within that time I've replaced the starter, radiator, hubs and water pump. I've over heated the engine and beat on it. The thing still runs great just like it did the day I got it. It's a very reliable car and even though it's not as powerfull as I'd hoped it would be I instantly fell in love with it and still love it.

Still Going
By dave on 08/27/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this with 16000 miles on it, the only thing we have done besides the normal stuff is a water pump at about 55,000 miles. I've put more money in tires on it then anything else, it just starts and goes. The cruise went out about 5 years ago, I have never bothered to do anything about it. The front windows do not roll up and down, it was to much work to fix so I have not. It is now using anti-freeze, but I'm not sure where, I suspect the head gasket. I hope to give it to my son when he gets his license, we bought it just before he was born.

Outstanding car
By John on 05/28/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car has been VERY dependable since we bought it in 1993 as a program car. It is important to keep the transmission fluid changed every 30- 40k. Low maintenance, dependable transportation, well suited to commuting where an excess of power and performance is not required.

Ford Tempo/White 4 Dr sedan
By Charlotte on 02/20/06 19:29 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable with a few new parts along the way. Replaced tires, relined brakes, replaced calipers & rotors, headlamp switch, horn brushes, water pump, hoses, belt, gasket, thermostat, fuel filter, spark plugs, replaced front and rear transmission motor mounts, tie rod front right and wheel bearings right and left front, regular fluid checks, oil changes and tune-ups when needed. 4 cylinder, fuel injection, front wheel drive.

Iffy!
By tom on 06/29/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Good vehicle, but Ford could have made better motors for the windows and locks (they went out in 2002).

an old pal by now!
By PR on 05/31/05 21:50 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Got an 83K miles V6 power everything. Now at 201K miles still commuting 60 miles every day but selling it for more room (bigger family). The car is comfortable, the V6 is a pleasure given the light weight of the car. I know the 4 cylinder version is really crummy but the V6 is a no maintenance deal. Work was replacing the transmission ($600), starter, and radiator hose. Not cheap but put in perspective over time of ownership and use, still a good deal. I had 2 V6 Tempos and what one guy said is true. 100K is about when the transmission goes. The thing is the rebuilt transmission I had put in is holding up very well (95K to 201K). I guess it needs regular care and no abuse.

Just keeps running!!
By jeffinkona on 11/07/04 02:42 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We have owned this car for five years and have experienced wonderful reliability throughout that time. It now has 106,000 miles and is still going strong. Gas milage remains in the low 20's on the highway and it does not use any oil. The evaporator needed to be replaced in the AC system, but all seems to be going well.