1990 Ford Tempo Consumer Review: The Most Reliable Car Out of t

1990 Ford Tempo - Consumer Review

The Most Reliable Car Out of the '80s
By Explorer4x4 on

1990 Ford Tempo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had my 1989 Tempo AWD for a single year now. It has never had a problem. And I know the previous owners well, and they have never had any major problems either. It has always started for me, and its very reliable. I would go to say its the most reliable model made in the 1980's. I left it for eleven months. It sat untouched for that time. I went back to it, turned the key, started right away. Thats quality. Excellent first car and general daily driver. Fuel economy is average, reliability outstanding, durability outstanding, styling is good - average, power is slightly below average and quality is too great for words.

Great stereo, Great air conditioning and heat. Quality materials and every single accessory or button is easy to reach and see.

Its styling is a bit old now. Mistaken continually for its big brother, the Taurus. Slightly underpowered. AWD is more like FWD at times. In no way is it a 'cool' car when stock. Not very fast either.