1990 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
cheap car
By The Mann on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Tempo 4dr Sedan AWD

Well, I bought this car because it was inexpensive. Right after I got it, it started getting all kind of leaks. The CV joints went bad though the boots were good. The motor, tranny, and power steering all had minor leaks. The AWD didn't work, the car got bad mileage, and the door handles ALL fell off. The radiator fan needed replacement, along with numerous sensors. The auto front belts were slow and noisy. Chaep car. Avoid these even if they're inexpensive and look nice.

good car
By the1bigone on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

it gets really good gas milage..and if it doesn't go fast enough for you..just put a turbo in..makes it run great! no problems except the tune ups in all the time i've had it.!!!!

Get something better
By Now I own a Honda! on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

It's a throw away car. I got it cheap, had it for a year and a half, and then it fell apart. Only buy it if you can get it real cheap.

I hate to write my expereince was good!
By ebastage on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

Ok My wife bought this car years ago and we have had it for about years now.. I cant destroy this car. I drive it like a rally car. I replaced a battery, two exhasusts. Tires ONCE. I bought a 2 piece CV boot for both sides because they tore. Did two brake jobs. Poor Rear break design with that stupid adjuster. a serpentine belt just for the heck of it. No big deal this is all regular maintenence stuff. Only reason I am getting rid of it is I have 2 kids and a dog now.. A Review on the 99 Plymouth Voyager is coming soon.

Very nice car, thanx Ford!
By betz698 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

A very nice car. My Tempo takes a licking and keeps ticking. It has minor problems, AC is out, Alternator problems, some rust but thats about it. I went airborne in this car due to a huge dip, in the road and destroyed the oil pan, got it replaced but there was no other damage, I couldn't believe it. The car is very durable, got sideswiped by a mustang, only minor paint sceapes and trim damage, no dents.I think my tempo still has a couple years left in it.

Poor me
By Cary Loren on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 2dr Coupe

I just started to drive this car in March. Since then it has left me on the side of the road four times. We just don't know what seems to be the problem. Everything in the car is new so it should not give me any problem but it does. I don't recommend this car to any one, unless you enjoy walking home or taking the bus once in a while. It is alway leaking fluids.

Buy this and learn mechanics!
By AMPMagic on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I owned this car as my first and second car. First off it was a very nice car for the 300 I payed for it. But it was always needing to be fixed, but it was never anything major. It also leaked fluids too much. Good for a first car or if your not making enough to afford a real car. Side Note: Fluid leaks are normal for this car. get used to checking fluids and buy a PIG mat to throw under engine when you park it.

My First car
By Special K on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

My very first car was a 1990 Ford Tempo, It was the worst thing ever. The car broke down constintly and was always leaking something. It was bad in the summer because the a/c was broke, and Horrible for the winter because the car took half an hour to warm up and it had ZERO traction. One good thing about the car in the winter, it did not over heat because of the cold. Well most of the time it didn't over heat. When I got a new car they gave me $500 for it and they were being nice. Check out my car review of the 1997 Honda Civic HX!