Used 1990 Ford Tempo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Tempo

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

good buy
By Jevik

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

had this car for a year and not a problem.. starts up no prob in the cold.. fun to drive.. good gas mileage.. a good reliable car.. and cheap on insurance

Favorite Features

acceleration, comfortable, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

cup holder, fold down seats

ford tempo 90
By Harvey Winter

1990 Ford Tempo GLS 4dr Sedan

fairly dependable and gets me where I'm goping (most times)

Favorite Features

starting up

Suggested Improvements

none

One of my favorite automobiles
By Chris P

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

This was my first car. I wanted a tempo after my mom walked out of a 60mph head on accident with a very minor temporary injury. I purchased mine for $400 from my aunt at 105k miles. Engine is very strong, and tranny is responsive. in 13 years the car has been towed once for a dead battery, and left me on the side of the road once when the engine block heater fell out becuase of an overtightned bolt (bad mechanic?). I took the car off the road when it was due for CV Joints, Boots, and body work. Total parts for this car in 13 years costed $400. I purchased a 1996 Taurus SE as a replacement...I miss my tempo though...

Favorite Features

-Powerful engine for its time, keeps up if not beats many modern civics, accords, neons, ect. -IT WILL GO ANYWHERE IN THE SNOW! -I love the look, still looks modern. -You can put a refridgerator in the trunk opening...No lie. Try that with a Camry. -Center mounted E-Brake

Suggested Improvements

-Allignment problems, still found in Ford front wheel drive vehicals. -Cup holder would have been nice. -Give us our Tempo's back... :-( Many people swore by these cars...

Ford Tempo
By Sean Stevens

1990 Ford Tempo GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Ford Tempo new in 1990. Over the years all it took was a new muffler. It is excellent on gas and is built tough. I have been i a few fenderbenders over the years but it has always stood up. I drove the car up to last year when the transmission went. I can do the repairs myself because all it needs is a case but I have been too busy. The A/C went but probably needs a compressor. All in all this car has performed and stood up excellent over the years.

Favorite Features

Wonderful fuel economy, Built tough, very few problems, easy to work on, and is cheap to buy!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements needed are word done to the A/C compressor to withstand more use.

Ole Faithful
By Prof6

1990 Ford Tempo GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car!!! With just routine maintenance (although it does use more than average front suspension parts), this car is unbeatable. It is an absolute "bear" in the snow. It now has over 173,000 miles and is beginning to show some surface rust, so I'm looking for a replacement vehicle. If it were economically feasible to replace the body and keep the car, I'd do it!

Favorite Features

Maneuverability; dependability; sharp looking car.

Suggested Improvements

A cup holder would have been a great asset.