Used 1990 Ford Tempo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

Great car
By Sharon

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car about a year ago for 200 dollars, with only 68,000 original miles. Great fuel economy! Turns on a dime. Alot of interior space in front, & back seats. Hugh trunk. Best heater I've ever had on any car. Starts up well, even on the coldest mornings. This car had sit for about a year, without being started up or run, so I was shocked when I went to get it, and it started up on the first try. The only thing that I think I will have a problem with in the future is the transmission. It's a little sluggish, and with talking to others that have owned, or has this car, they have had some problems, when they get up to 90,000 miles.I've owned newer cars that's not as reliable.

Fuel economy,Hugh Trunk,Roomy,Reliability, Easy to see out of back when backing, & it really does warm up fast, even on cold mornings. And thats usually not said often for a Ford.

I would love to have a cup holder.

Best Used Car Ever !
By lisag

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my car from my neighbor almost 1 year, for $500. I figured It would last a month or so, 6 months tops. 1 year later, I'm still driving it. It's been a great little car. Sure, I've had to have a few repairs done, but none of them were major and most were things I had to have done with a car 20 years newer! I've considered selling it, but it's been so good to me, I think i'll just do a few cosmetic repairs and keep it. It's reliable and it has never left me stranded. Great car for the money!

Buttons in glove box that open trunk and gas cap. Very convenient

I would love a cupholder. I've spilled 1 million drinks because I dont have one!

Junk Ford as always
By Tab

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this used for a second car, w/ 87k on it for $300, maybe too much. Slow, did make it good in the snow though, ugly all around. Transmission went at 90k, who would have thought, it is a Ford.

Going through snow, but that's only because it's slow

Ford didn't make again, good thing, but the Focus is it's counterpart

The Most Reliable Car Out of the '80s
By Explorer4x4

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had my 1989 Tempo AWD for a single year now. It has never had a problem. And I know the previous owners well, and they have never had any major problems either. It has always started for me, and its very reliable. I would go to say its the most reliable model made in the 1980's. I left it for eleven months. It sat untouched for that time. I went back to it, turned the key, started right away. Thats quality. Excellent first car and general daily driver. Fuel economy is average, reliability outstanding, durability outstanding, styling is good - average, power is slightly below average and quality is too great for words.

Great stereo, Great air conditioning and heat. Quality materials and every single accessory or button is easy to reach and see.

Its styling is a bit old now. Mistaken continually for its big brother, the Taurus. Slightly underpowered. AWD is more like FWD at times. In no way is it a 'cool' car when stock. Not very fast either.

good buy
By Jevik

1990 Ford Tempo Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

had this car for a year and not a
problem.. starts up no prob in the
cold.. fun to drive.. good gas
mileage.. a good reliable car.. and
cheap on insurance

acceleration, comfortable, gas mileage

cup holder, fold down seats