Used 1990 Ford Tempo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Tempo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:

130K miles and going strong
By milehigh

1990 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

One-owner auto with 130,000 miles. Other than the notorious thick-film module problem, it's been a reliable, good running/riding car. Biggest drawback: the 3-speed auto. that either screams or loafs. But it cruises the interstate at 80-85 all day and still gives me 28mpg. A gigantic trunk, great stereo/tape audio for an old beater and they don't paint 'em like that anymore (non- metallic red that still shines up great). There's a lot of these running around Kansas so they must be pretty good overall if they're not abused. I wouldn't take less than $2000 for this 17-year-old bomb, but it ain't for sale!

Handling, ride, a/c, radio.

They could have put a bit more power and a better tranny in it

Get something better
By Now I own a Honda!

1990 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

It's a throw away car. I got it cheap, had it for a year and a half, and then it fell apart. Only buy it if you can get it real cheap.

I liked the arm rest. And it had pretty good gas mileage.

No place to put a cup.

Poor me
By Cary Loren

1990 Ford Tempo Coupe GL 2dr Coupe

I just started to drive this car in March. Since then it has left me on the side of the road four times. We just don't know what seems to be the problem. Everything in the car is new so it should not give me any problem but it does. I don't recommend this car to any one, unless you enjoy walking home or taking the bus once in a while. It is alway leaking fluids.

It is rock solid. You could get hit or hit something and nothing will happen to you nor the car.

Buy a new car or if it will be a used on stay away from this one. There are other used cars that are really good, like Toyota Corola. Don't get me wrong I love ford but this make is no good