1990 Ford Tempo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tempo model:
The Most Reliable Car Out of the '80s
By Explorer4x4 on 04/08/07 14:08 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Tempo 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had my 1989 Tempo AWD for a single year now. It has never had a problem. And I know the previous owners well, and they have never had any major problems either. It has always started for me, and its very reliable. I would go to say its the most reliable model made in the 1980's. I left it for eleven months. It sat untouched for that time. I went back to it, turned the key, started right away. Thats quality. Excellent first car and general daily driver. Fuel economy is average, reliability outstanding, durability outstanding, styling is good - average, power is slightly below average and quality is too great for words.

cheap car
By The Mann on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Tempo 4dr Sedan AWD

Well, I bought this car because it was inexpensive. Right after I got it, it started getting all kind of leaks. The CV joints went bad though the boots were good. The motor, tranny, and power steering all had minor leaks. The AWD didn't work, the car got bad mileage, and the door handles ALL fell off. The radiator fan needed replacement, along with numerous sensors. The auto front belts were slow and noisy. Chaep car. Avoid these even if they're inexpensive and look nice.