2015 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Poor gas Milage
By Gary H

2015 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2015 Taurus SEL 3.5 liter V6 in March, 2015. The sticker stated, 23 mpg city and 29 mpg highway. So far, I have driven 9000 miles and my overall fuel economy is 21.5 mpg. I brought it back to the dealership with 7500 to have a full diagnostic test done. They didn't find anything wrong. They said it was probably the way I drive. Definitely not true! The best fuel economy on a single tank of gas in the past 6 months has been 22.7 mpg. So disappointed! Had I known this, I would have purchased the F150. I love the overall style of the exterior! I get a lot of looks at stoplights. I am 6'4 and the driver's seat is a little cramped but still comfortable. However, the car sits up quite a bit higher so getting in/out of the car is great. The backup camera is perfect for parking. The back end is pretty high so it does take a little getting used to the rear view mirror. The trunk is huge... wish they would have taken some of that space to expand the cabin a few inches. Overall, I would recommend this car to anyone provided the mpg were at the stated 23 to 29 range.

Our 2015 Taurus Limited is Awesome
By KB Jolley

2015 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife is extremely happy with the looks, performance, handling, comfort and equipment of her 2015 Ford Taurus Limited. We find the car to be an extraordinary value for the money. She is a retired DMV Statewide Training Officer for and has trained many Examiners and accident investigators... She also holds a California CDL and has given drive tests in everything from big rigs to Motorcycles and was very impressed with the how her 2013 Taurus withstood being rear ended. She had driven her 2013 Taurus SEL in excess of 50,000 problem free miles prior to being rear ended at a stop light by a Large raised 4 wheel drive pickup. Her vehicle was propelled into 2 other cars which were in line in front of her. In spite of the severity of the crash and damage incurred totaling her vehicle, it absorbed the collision remarkably well and automatically dialed 911. She and 3 teenage girls in the car escaped without major injuries. My wife and one of the girls were taken to the hospital for observation but were released later that night. At least one person in a vehicle in front of her was also hospitalized at least overnight.. We looked, researched and test drove several other vehicles of various brands and sizes including some SUV's, but my wife found nothing she like nearly as well as the Taurus. FYI the Taurus thru 2015 is built on the Volvo chassis which Ford owned until recently. We are very pleased with this vehicle as we were with the prior one. It is a comfortable vehicle which drives well and has decent but not great fuel economy. We hope this helps

Nicve Car overall -- Poor resale
By Steven Foster

2015 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2015 Taurus SEL AWD Stickered at $40k, wanted the new Mustang....trade in value at dealer $20k -- 50% depreciation in one year and 11k miles

Cramped left foot
By Left leg

2015 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Left foot very uncomfortable. No space for someone 6 foot. Make sure you are aware of this during the test drive. Now I'm stuck and can't stretch my left leg.

BRING ON YOUR BENZ, AUDI OR BMW
By JOHN MCMAHAN

2015 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

best performance sedan for the money by at least $20,000. This is my third Tarus SHO, 2010,2013,2015, if Ford keeps making them I will keep buying them. TwinTurbo, Direct Injected, all wheel Drive its a bundle of technology for the money, you could buy a Audi S6 but it has less horse power less technology and oh yea it cost $20,000 more.

• SUV