2015 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Love my Taurus
By Dwayne Paramore

2015 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Uncomfortable car -- 2015 Taurus Limited
By Darrel

2015 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The door posts in the front seats have a notch in them that dig into my shoulders and the seats are hard as a rock with no cushion. The car is extremely uncomfortable on a trip. I have a 2009 Limited and love it. Very disappointed in this car. My 2009 gets 27 mpg average vs 22 mpg for this one.

15 SHO in a CPO
By Jeff klein

2015 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First year depreciation is [non-permissible content removed]. I suggest buying a year old model with CPO warranty. Save a bundle AND get 100k warranty.
Replaced my mustang with the Taurus SHO and I don't regret it for a minute. LOVE the cabin size. Some criticize the tight space. I think it's perfect for a sports sedan. Seats are comfortable for a long trip. I have the massaging seat option.... Not sure it's worth the price. Everything is payed out perfectly. Your hands fall instinctively to controls. Arm rests and buttons are well placed.
I have the Performance Pack. Upgrades to steering, brakes, suspension, wheels, cooling, etc are well worth the p ice. Only downside is MPG due the change in gearing. Also no spare tire.
I'm surprised with all the gadgetry that there isn't a display to SHO ( pun intended) tire pressure.

Poor gas Milage
By Gary H

2015 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2015 Taurus SEL 3.5 liter V6 in March, 2015. The sticker stated, 23 mpg city and 29 mpg highway. So far, I have driven 9000 miles and my overall fuel economy is 21.5 mpg. I brought it back to the dealership with 7500 to have a full diagnostic test done. They didn't find anything wrong. They said it was probably the way I drive. Definitely not true! The best fuel economy on a single tank of gas in the past 6 months has been 22.7 mpg. So disappointed! Had I known this, I would have purchased the F150.
I love the overall style of the exterior! I get a lot of looks at stoplights. I am 6'4 and the driver's seat is a little cramped but still comfortable. However, the car sits up quite a bit higher so getting in/out of the car is great. The backup camera is perfect for parking. The back end is pretty high so it does take a little getting used to the rear view mirror. The trunk is huge... wish they would have taken some of that space to expand the cabin a few inches.
Overall, I would recommend this car to anyone provided the mpg were at the stated 23 to 29 range.

Our 2015 Taurus Limited is Awesome
By KB Jolley

2015 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife is extremely happy with the looks, performance, handling, comfort and equipment of her 2015 Ford Taurus Limited. We find the car to be an extraordinary value for the money. She is a retired DMV Statewide Training Officer for and has trained many Examiners and accident investigators... She also holds a California CDL and has given drive tests in everything from big rigs to Motorcycles and was very impressed with the how her 2013 Taurus withstood being rear ended.
She had driven her 2013 Taurus SEL in excess of 50,000 problem free miles prior to being rear ended at a stop light by a Large raised 4 wheel drive pickup. Her vehicle was propelled into 2 other cars which were in line in front of her. In spite of the severity of the crash and damage incurred totaling her vehicle, it absorbed the collision remarkably well and automatically dialed 911. She and 3 teenage girls in the car escaped without major injuries. My wife and one of the girls were taken to the hospital for observation but were released later that night. At least one person in a vehicle in front of her was also hospitalized at least overnight..

We looked, researched and test drove several other vehicles of various brands and sizes including some SUV's, but my wife found nothing she like nearly as well as the Taurus. FYI the Taurus thru 2015 is built on the Volvo chassis which Ford owned until recently.

We are very pleased with this vehicle as we were with the prior one. It is a comfortable vehicle which drives well and has decent but not great fuel economy.
We hope this helps