2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: very poor quality

2014 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

very poor quality
By ablereviewer on

2014 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The build quality of the new Ford Taurus is very cheap. If this car is driven for any time at all I can't see it lasting more than 4 years. The paint job is horrible! It will scratch at the slightest touch. The craftsmanship is of very low quality. Ford reverted back to the 70's when they built the Taurus. And, it's a shame because the design of the car is very attractive. I truly regret returning to Ford.

The design of the car.

It's a shame that Ford didn't use better materials and better craftsmanship. The fit and finish of the car is really shameful.
By jamieb58
on 08/02/14 08:39 AM (PDT)

I have a 2015 & I find everything u have said to be Untrue !

By ablereviewer
on 09/11/14 19:19 PM (PDT)

Sorry jamieb58, but it is true. The Taurus is very poor quality. Word of advice to all potential buyers of Ford, Go Somewhere else!

By jimmypagonis
on 04/14/15 16:05 PM (PDT)

Interesting negative comments. The paint job on my 2014 Taurus SEL is great. Not so with my Corvette. One bird dropping on the Vette and it eats through the paint! I drive a GL450 too and no, the Taurus is no GL450 but it does not cost $70K plus either. Quality for the price seems fine to me - exactly what are all these quality issues you are concerned with? The fit and finish on mine is comparable to Toyota or Honda.

By rgornall
on 09/19/14 22:54 PM (PDT)

My 2014 Ford Tarus SEL is a great car; great job. I have no complaints