2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: 2014 Limited 2.0 Ecoboost Turb

2014 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

2014 Limited 2.0 Ecoboost Turbo 4cyl - Do not buy a Taurus!
By mkz2 on

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2.0 Ecoboost I4. Rated at 32 mpg. Car averages 23-25 mpg highway on premium after 8240 miles. I commute 110 mi/day. Driver assist package is the worst. 15 menu clicks to turn on std cruise control instead of adaptive - defaults to adaptive when the car is shut off. Sony stereo sounds tinny, no bass. Many Sync issues. Can't use it on accessory power. It shuts off automatically and sends a message to start the engine if you want to use the system. Phone doesnt connect consistently after paired. This after new update. Only 2/3 of the heated steering wheel is heated, not the top 1/3. Can't use any climate button on console wearing gloves! Exhaust smell in stop/go traffic sucked in by the heater.

None really. Poor design and many of the irritating features associated with the driver assist package can't be discerned during standard test drives. Ecoboost 4 cyl drivability OK, but gas mileage is terrible compared to published ratings. Dealer claims recent update should help - nope. 6 speed auto shifts are vague and mushy. I can't rate the car above poor for performance, value, design or fun to drive given the Sync issues' impact on so many functions and the poor fuel economy. Sticker price on this vehicle was $43,070. Paid a little over $40,000. A huge mistake and only time will tell if this becomes a lemon law case. Dealer attempts at correction have failed to produce results.

Ford should kill Sync and use control buttons that work with gloves, heat the entire steering wheel. All driver assist settings should not default to nanny settings every time the car is shut off. I am loyal to Ford, but really hate this car and feel it is poorly engineered and the quality is abysmal.
By aeroengr1
on 04/28/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

Question the validity of this review, some statements are incorrect related to Sync. I have a 2.0 ecoboost and get 31 on the highway, my wife get 28. A little energy management goes a long way. Who drives with gloves anyway?

By shalabylaw
on 01/22/14 21:46 PM (PST)

Kidding, right? Mine is the best, quietest, smoothest, most comfortable car I've ever owned or ridden in, bar none! And NO, I DON'T work for ford. I have the 6 cyl SEL.

By jamieb58
on 08/02/14 08:44 AM (PDT)

I have a 2015 SLE I it is one of the best cars I have owned do not trust what this person says so not true! Sync is Great,also maybe u should check your manual it's not suppose to heat complete wheel !

By bondgirl73
on 01/22/15 06:38 AM (PST)

I purchased my 2014 used, at a steal! Limited 4 cyl with the ecoboost, or turbo what ever you want to call it. I have noticed, since I like to get on the gas that my milage is around 24, but I drive rural back roads a lot where I can get on the gas and swoop around curves, so yeah, I'm having fun with mine and not really caring about the gas mileage that I'm getting. About the heated steering, mine is perfect just below the wood finish which is the correct hand position (back from driver's ed) 10 and 2, also below which I don't use, but I happened to notice one day sitting still, which was around 5 maybe and 7. Which yours may not have that wood on the wheel, but it it's a limited, I would think it does. Also, I have had no problems with my phone sync. Plus even though I'm cold natured, I use the remote start so my car is warm when I get in. I noticed your quality ratings also don't really reflect some of your other ratings either. I agree with some other posters about your validity of posting. I simply love mine and I have had a lot of other makes, including Ford. But, maybe I'm a Ford girl and never really knew it until now!

By dvenesky
on 12/21/14 15:36 PM (PST)

i recently drove a 2014 taurus sel and the 3.5 v6 6 speed automatic performance was above my expectations . its rocks with a 288 hp v6 . the seats were very comfortable and the ride was just south of my 1986 ford crown victoria, which is the most comfortable full size car that ive ever owned, and i still own it . i would recommend this replacement for the crown vic as it is better than anything out there for the price. hope to sign a contract with my local ford dealer soon . byt this car you wont be disappointed.