2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Makes my work "fun"
By 9c1chevyguy

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one great cop car .we have Chargers and a new Chevrolet "Caprice" well I always grab the "police Interceptor " keys first (ford does NOT like when you call it a "Taurus" .. Of course we do not have all the "bells & whistles " not even a "aux input jack " or even remote lock/unlock (like the Charger and Chevy ) ..but this car just flies ,and I beat on it every day ..50K so far and NO problems ..It does have the 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost ..

The Headlights (non HID) are bad ..but being in a city ,it's not a big issue for me

Sexy and Elegant!
By bondgirl73

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to trade the truck that I had for something that was easier to get in and out of due to a back injury. I have had two older Taurus's before and my teenage daughter even has an older one now. I have also had various makes and models of other vehicles over the years, mostly Jeep, Honda, Toyota or Ford. No vehicle even comes close to this baby! Tuxedo Black with black leather, black and aluminum wheels. It is SEXY! There is something also very elegant about it. But I will warn you, even though it is a 4 cylinder engine, (with turbo) it will take off if you press the gas, could get you a ticket if you aren't careful! Love it, pure joy to drive, and turns heads! The color is gorgeous!

Heated leather seats in front and back, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, power sunroof, memory seat for two people, push button start, lane assist, back-up assist, navigation, hookup for iPod, AV, Sync system for phone, Push button rear window visor to keep sun out, tinted rear-view for night time driving, Shift drive for automatic to give it the straight drive feel, power windows and mirrors and the list continues! Fully loaded.

Don't change anything! I love this car!!!

You gotta love the Taurus!
By dismi

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus for 6 mos and I love it! Nothing negative to report!!

backup camera, My Ford features, voice activated... The best of all are the adjustable pedals!!!!!!

very poor quality
By ablereviewer

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The build quality of the new Ford Taurus is very cheap. If this car is driven for any time at all I can't see it lasting more than 4 years. The paint job is horrible! It will scratch at the slightest touch. The craftsmanship is of very low quality. Ford reverted back to the 70's when they built the Taurus. And, it's a shame because the design of the car is very attractive. I truly regret returning to Ford.

The design of the car.

It's a shame that Ford didn't use better materials and better craftsmanship. The fit and finish of the car is really shameful.

AWESOME!!
By cdeavers

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 09 Buick Enclave for this. As everyone knows, nothing rides like a Buick. I can finally see everything at a 4 way stop. This car has everything for music lovers! My USB port is loaded with over 800 songs. Personalized pictures etc. the technology here is amazing!! Nice highway ride, not as nice as the Buick but I doubled my gas mileage!! Seats are comfortable, handles excellent. Red exterior, Sand interior. What a head turner! Navigation is a little weird but I just send directions to my car from Mapquest. You can somewhat even customize your dashboard and even ask for gas prices and it will come up on your screen!

Priced right, 8 inch touch screen, personalized music, personalized pictures, heated and cooled seats, good gas mileage

Sync could use some work but I get directions sent to car via Mapquest