2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Brian

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been driving 41 years, owned quite a few cars. Prior to this I had a Grand Marquis and a Buick Lesabre, both very comfortable and nice riding cars. The Taurus is very beautiful inside and out. It is a pleasure just being in it. I find the Taurus to be fun to drive, comfortable, quiet, and powerful. Controls are logically positioned and easy to use. Handling and performance are impressive. Seats are comfortable. Personally I like this base models' cloth seats, as there's no need for heating or cooling the seats. But at the dealership I did sit in the models that had leather and they were really nice too. Gas mileage is a little less than what I got in the Lesabre with its 3.6L V6. But really there is nothing I do not like about this car. I love it. I enjoy driving it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned.

Makes my work "fun"
By 9c1chevyguy

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one great cop car .we have Chargers and a new Chevrolet "Caprice" well I always grab the "police Interceptor " keys first (ford does NOT like when you call it a "Taurus" .. Of course we do not have all the "bells & whistles " not even a "aux input jack " or even remote lock/unlock (like the Charger and Chevy ) ..but this car just flies ,and I beat on it every day ..50K so far and NO problems ..It does have the 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost ..

The Headlights (non HID) are bad ..but being in a city ,it's not a big issue for me

Sexy and Elegant!
By bondgirl73

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to trade the truck that I had for something that was easier to get in and out of due to a back injury. I have had two older Taurus's before and my teenage daughter even has an older one now. I have also had various makes and models of other vehicles over the years, mostly Jeep, Honda, Toyota or Ford. No vehicle even comes close to this baby! Tuxedo Black with black leather, black and aluminum wheels. It is SEXY! There is something also very elegant about it. But I will warn you, even though it is a 4 cylinder engine, (with turbo) it will take off if you press the gas, could get you a ticket if you aren't careful! Love it, pure joy to drive, and turns heads! The color is gorgeous!

Heated leather seats in front and back, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, power sunroof, memory seat for two people, push button start, lane assist, back-up assist, navigation, hookup for iPod, AV, Sync system for phone, Push button rear window visor to keep sun out, tinted rear-view for night time driving, Shift drive for automatic to give it the straight drive feel, power windows and mirrors and the list continues! Fully loaded.

Don't change anything! I love this car!!!

You gotta love the Taurus!
By dismi

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus for 6 mos and I love it! Nothing negative to report!!

backup camera, My Ford features, voice activated... The best of all are the adjustable pedals!!!!!!

very poor quality
By ablereviewer

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The build quality of the new Ford Taurus is very cheap. If this car is driven for any time at all I can't see it lasting more than 4 years. The paint job is horrible! It will scratch at the slightest touch. The craftsmanship is of very low quality. Ford reverted back to the 70's when they built the Taurus. And, it's a shame because the design of the car is very attractive. I truly regret returning to Ford.

The design of the car.

It's a shame that Ford didn't use better materials and better craftsmanship. The fit and finish of the car is really shameful.

• SUV