Used 2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Not a Ford guy, but I love it
By Alan

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus SEL for two and a third years and 60,000 miles. I shopped the Impala, 300, Cadenza, Avalon and others before picking the Taurus and am happy with my choice (I went into my search expecting to buy an Impala or Cadenza). Whether I bring my golf buddies and four sets of clubs to the course, or my wife and I cross country, or run a quick trip to the store, it's a comfortable ride and pleasure to drive. The vehicle quality is good. I had one small rattle when new that the dealer promptly fixed, other than that there have been no problems. Everything fits and works. I keep track of all my fuel use. The V6 has averaged 25.71mpg since we got it; not as good as my Impala but pretty good for a big car with plenty of throttle. Edmund's is usually right on with their reviews, but I must disagree with their 'lumbering' handling comment. I've found it to be responsive for a car this size. Furthermore, I've test driven most of the cars in this class and believe the Taurus comparable to them. I love the voice commands, especially with the navigation system. Occasionally there will be problems with voice commands if I speak to quickly or if there is a lot of ambient noise--such as a heavy rain--but it works surprisingly well. There are a lot more things that can be done by voice than I use because I do have trouble remembering all the voice commands.

UNDERRATED!
By Schneller

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Look why you are considering a car of this size. Its not small. But it is much roomer and has a more stable feeling than a CAMRY. I disagree with the notion that it is somewhat ponderous around turns. It really rides and handles great. And my other car is a CORVETTE. This car is what it is. Buy a Brass Hat if you can. A one or two year old TAURUS with low miles is an absolute steal. Oh yeah, Get the 3.5L engine. Its quiet and really sooth.

Best car I've ever owned
By Brian

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been driving 41 years, owned quite a few cars. Prior to this I had a Grand Marquis and a Buick Lesabre, both very comfortable and nice riding cars. The Taurus is very beautiful inside and out. It is a pleasure just being in it. I find the Taurus to be fun to drive, comfortable, quiet, and powerful. Controls are logically positioned and easy to use. Handling and performance are impressive. Seats are comfortable. Personally I like this base models' cloth seats, as there's no need for heating or cooling the seats. But at the dealership I did sit in the models that had leather and they were really nice too. Gas mileage is a little less than what I got in the Lesabre with its 3.6L V6. But really there is nothing I do not like about this car. I love it. I enjoy driving it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned.

Makes my work "fun"
By 9c1chevyguy

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one great cop car .we have Chargers and a new Chevrolet "Caprice" well I always grab the "police Interceptor " keys first (ford does NOT like when you call it a "Taurus" ..
Of course we do not have all the "bells & whistles " not even a "aux input jack " or even remote lock/unlock (like the Charger and Chevy ) ..but this car just flies ,and I beat on it every day ..50K so far and NO problems ..It does have the 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost ..

The Headlights (non HID) are bad ..but being in a city ,it's not a big issue for me

Sexy and Elegant!
By bondgirl73

2014 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to trade the truck that I had for something that was easier to get in and out of due to a back injury. I have had two older Taurus's before and my teenage daughter even has an older one now. I have also had various makes and models of other vehicles over the years, mostly Jeep, Honda, Toyota or Ford. No vehicle even comes close to this baby! Tuxedo Black with black leather, black and aluminum wheels. It is SEXY! There is something also very elegant about it. But I will warn you, even though it is a 4 cylinder engine, (with turbo) it will take off if you press the gas, could get you a ticket if you aren't careful! Love it, pure joy to drive, and turns heads! The color is gorgeous!

Heated leather seats in front and back, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, power sunroof, memory seat for two people, push button start, lane assist, back-up assist, navigation, hookup for iPod, AV, Sync system for phone, Push button rear window visor to keep sun out, tinted rear-view for night time driving, Shift drive for automatic to give it the straight drive feel, power windows and mirrors and the list continues! Fully loaded.

Don't change anything! I love this car!!!